Las Vegas Journals

Weekend Trip in Las Vegas

An April 2001 trip to Las Vegas by gclink

Quote: The fast and furious trip about a weekend in Las Vegas.

Weekend Trip in Las Vegas

There are many things to do in Vegas from shopping, watching shows, gambling, and visiting amusement parks.Quick Tips: I don't recommend spending a lot of money on a hotel room as I find after several trips that I am never in it except to sleep, shower, and change clothes. I also would not rent a car unless you want to go to places like the Grand Canyon or Hoover Dam. The shuttles are great to get to the hotels. The trams can get you around to different casinos without too much walking, and if you want to go downtown, take a cab for about .00.Best Way To Get Around: Walking is the quickest way to get around on the strip. To go to Fremont St. - you will need to take a cab. ...Read More

Excalibur Hotel & Casino

Hotel | "Excaliber Hotel and Casino"

The room was okay for the amount of time I spent in the resort. We had a king size bed. The bathroom only had a shower (no tub), but since I usually shower this was okay.

The decorations of the room were very dark, but I was only there from early in the morning to late in the morning.

Member Rating 2 out of 5 on June 27, 2001

Excalibur Hotel & Casino
3850 Las Vegas Boulevard South

MGM Grand

Hotel

We stayed in a suite there. The room was fabulous. It had a 2 person jacuzzi tub. The room was about 1000 square feet. It had a wet bar. However, we learned that as nice as the room was, since we are hardly in the room that we should not have stayed in such a nice room. However, if you plan to visit and be in your room more then just to sleep, I highly recommend it.

Member Rating 3 out of 5 on June 27, 2001

MGM Grand
3799 Las Vegas Blvd. S.

Rainforest Cafe

Rainforest Cafe in Las Vegas is one of two that serves breakfast. It offers the other meals of the day, but we ate here for breakfast. We drank freshly squeezed orange juice while the monkeys and elephants were making their noise. For breakfast, I ate the Eggs Benedict and my spouse had the French toast. The eggs were standard, but the French toast was not the normal French toast one would think, but it was served like a piece of cake with warm syrup on it and around it. The food was very good. They also offer smoothies, breakfast pizza, and fresh fruit as well as other choices for breakfast. It is definitely a family experience becuase of the aquarium of fish you see as you first...Read More

Member Rating 4 out of 5 on July 12, 2001

Rainforest Cafe
3799 Las Vegas Blvd South

Fremont Street Experience

Attraction | "Fremont Street"

Fremont Street is a place people need to visit in the evening when it is dark. The city has closed off the streets so no cars can drive on it. Each night on the hour it has a different themed light show that is really cool. The casinos all turn off their lights so the doomed light show is the only thing lit. This is the old part of Las Vegas that use to be were people go before the Strip became popular. Some of the Casinos that can be found here include the Golden Nugget, Horseshoe Bend, and the Las Vegas Club. If you are looking for strip joints, these can be found here to as well as cheap alcohol and .99 shrimp cocktails (a really good buy as it comes in a Sunday glass.)

Member Rating 4 out of 5 on June 27, 2001