Monterey Journals

Vibrant Monterey California

An October 2006 trip to Monterey by bex415

Quote: This is a review about the quaint tourist town of Monterey, California, and all of the fun things I do while I'm here.

Vibrant Monterey California

Some of the highlights of Monterey are as follows: Monterey is located 2 hours south of San Francisco on the beautiful rugged coastline of California. It is minutes from Carmel, CA, and its exclusive golf courses including Pebble Beach, Spyglass Hill, and Spanish Bay. Wine tasting, sealion spotting, enjoyable dining, shopping, and visiting the most famous aquarium in the country are some of the things I have done while here. This is a small tight knit community that is very friendly when it comes to having visitors from all over the country, and all over the world. There is a community walking path that snakes along the coastline, several public beaches, and many authentic restauran...Read More

Montrio's

This was a lovely little restaurant with a friendly bartender and romantic decor. The food was excellent - I had a fillet mignon and my fiancé had a chicken pasta dish. The bread was crusty and delicious! My only complaint about this restaurant is that, despite the ample amount of space, they seat you too close to the next table. I felt a little like the couple next to us were intruding our personal space. Otherwise a nice, romantic restaurant.

Member Rating 4 out of 5 on March 6, 2007

Montrio's
414 Calle Principal
Monterey, California 93940

Turtle Bay

This is a quick Mexican place that you can stop into for a bite to eat. They make great fajitas and burrito bowls. They have interesting iced-tea that is actually green. While this is a quick place with tasty food, it is basically on par with your local Chipotle or Baja Fresh. Nothing really that special here, but good fast Mexican food, nonetheless.

Member Rating 2 out of 5 on March 6, 2007