Aruba Journals

2 Different Trips to Aruba

An August 2005 trip to Aruba by nsdephw

Quote: Aruba is one of my favorite places. I have been there twice and would go back any time. I hope that my journal will give ideas for you to have your own great experience.

2 Different Trips to Aruba

I have always had a lot of fun here. I won some money. Also was in a booty shaking contest. There are also some of the most beautiful sunsets I have ever seen here. I am so sad to announce the natural bridge fell into the ocean!! It was so beautiful.Quick Tips: It is a volcanic island. There is not a lot of vegetation. But there are a lot of natural wonders. There are caves, a natural pool, and a natural bridge. There are a lot of excursions. They are great! They show you a lot. We went on two. One of them was a horseback ride. It took us to the natural pool and we could run the horses on the beach. The countryside is peaceful and beautiful. The other we went on is in land rovers. They put yo...Read More

Divi Village

Hotel | "Divi Village and the Mill"

I would not do an all-inclusive resort here. They have some of the best restaurants! We stayed at Divi Village the first time. It was very nice and there is a great beach right across the street. The second time we stayed at the Mill. It was only $75! It is a walk to the beach though! Also the pool is just OK. That time we were there for our friend’s wedding. They stayed across the street at the Windom. They had a great pool and beach. Their room was all carpet and smelled funny! Both of the places we stayed had kitchenettes. So we went to the grocery store and bought lunch, breakfast, beer, and wine. So we could really do some damage at dinner. The Mill has many night activities. They have all kinds ...Read More

Member Rating 4 out of 5 on February 11, 2007

Divi Village
J.E. Irausquin Blvd. 75
Palm Beach, Aruba +297-583-5000
+297-582-0501

We love going out to eat there! There are two Brazilian restaurants that are great. One is called the Amazonian. It is all you can eat. It is so good! It is very pricey. They have a buffet with salads and things. Then they come around with all different types of meat. You have a cylinder that you can turn red up or green up. Green means keep it coming. Red means stop. The other is called El Gaucho. It is a nice place. It also has many types of meat but not all you can eat. Across the street from there is my favorite, favorite, favorite Martini / cigar bar in the world. They have the best martinis! I could drink It is called Garufa. They have life music and some dancing. 10. ...Read More

Alhambra Casino

Attraction | "Alhambra"

There are many casinos. If you like to gamble like I do, there about six or so individual casinos. There are also resorts with casinos. One of the casinos we went to was Alhambra. The man that was at the door is the man that holds the record for the most hand shook. If he is there he will insist on shaking your hand. It was a nice place but small.

Alhambra Casino
47 J.E. Irausquin Blvd.
+297-583-5000

Carlos'n Charlie's

Restaurant | "Aruba Nightlife"

The place to go out and have fun is Carlos and Charlie’s. It is a very busy place so you must get there early. If you get there earlier there is no cover. Their food is pretty good. They come around with shots that they pour down your throat. They also have contests and conga lines. It is very fun. If you do not get there early you will be waiting for awhile.

Carlos'n Charlie's

Butterfly Farm

There is a butterfly farm on the island that is so neat! I love butterflies! They have the most unique exotic butterflies and mouths. It is located in Palm Beach across from the Aruba Phoenix resort. The Butterflies are very beautiful and exotic!! They also give great info on all the different types.

Butterfly Farm
J. Irausquin Boulevard Z/N
+297-586-3656

De Palm Tours

Attraction | "Tours"

Two of the tour groups are called Tours De Palm and Red sail Sport. It is very easy to set up the tours. All the resorts have a desk for just this. There is no reason to be in a hurry and book before you get there, unless you have a great discount. There are many tours windsurfing, 4x4 safaris, boat trips, horse back rides, submarines, etc.

De Palm Tours
De Palm Island
Oranjestad, Aruba

While you are walking around town walk for fliers. Take them for sure. Some of them will offer you a free gift. One time I got a free bracelet. And another time I got a loose stone. It was a blue topaz, about 3 carats. There are also flea markets. There is one on LG Smith Boulevard. They will come down on price some but not much. The price starts lower than the stores anyway.

Aruba's Sights

Story/Tip

There is a natural pool called Cura di Tortuga. There are no cars that go to it. There is a horseback tour that takes you there. You see a lot of the landscape and nature. Gold rush mines 1400 – 1500. Bushiribana is one that you can see on the Land Rover tour. There is a California style lighthouse at one end of the island. You can also see this on the Land Rover tour. Chapel of Alto Vista is a tiny church. It is set all along. It is the 1st of Aruba’s churches. Another sight seen on the Land Rover tour.

The Whole Story

Story/Tip

Aruba is one of my favorite places. I have been there twice and would go back any time. It is a small island. It is about 20 miles long and 2 miles wide. It is so peaceful and calm. You can walk anywhere. It is a very windy place. So golf is not a good idea unless you want a challenge. Also, it is very hot being so far south but because of the wind it feels great! The beaches are so beautiful, but if you do not have a good spot, the sand is in your face constantly. The water is a green blue color. It is wonderful. It is a volcanic island. There is not a lot of vegetation. But there are a lot of natural wonders. There are caves, a natural pool, and a natural bridge. There are a lot of excursions. Th...Read More

Animals

Story/Tip

There is much wild life. There are mountains goats and donkeys. There are a many dogs all over. Also there are lizards all over! The iguanas are protected. They are all over the resorts. You will see them drinking out of the pool and they will eat out of your hand.