Tulsa Journals

Things To Do in Tulsa and Around

A September 2006 trip to Tulsa by nora_yusuf

Skydiving Photo, Oklahoma, United States More Photos
Quote: At first glance, not much to do in Tulsa or the surroundings. Dig deeper, and it's not that bad... Enjoy.

Oklahoma Aquarium

Oklahoma Aquarium Photo, Jenks, Oklahoma
Oklahoma Aquarium has on display an array of exotic marine life, as well as fish and freshwater environments native to Oklahoma. Among the attractions is the shark tank, which has a clear top tunnel where visitors can walk through while sharks swim around or above them.

Member Rating 3 out of 5 on January 31, 2007

Oklahoma Aquarium
300 Aquarium Drive
Jenks, Oklahoma 74039

Tulsa Zoo

Tulsa Zoo Photo, Tulsa, Oklahoma
Just like any other zoo, Tulsa Zoo has the selection of animals from mammals - elephants, giraffes, bears, monkeys, etc... to reptiles - snakes, lizards, etc. Activities to be done and seen include: sea lion and penguin demonstration, and tortoise feeding.

Be a member and you'll get privileges to special events such as night safaris/camps (Starry Safari).

Member Rating 3 out of 5 on January 31, 2007

Tulsa Zoo
5701 East 36th St North
Tulsa, Oklahoma 74115

My First Skydive Jump

Story/Tip

Skydiving Photo, Oklahoma, United States
Are you afraid of heights? Acrophobia? Well, I was, and apparently still am. My friends told me that, someone told them that, if you try bungee jumping or skydiving, you’ll get rid of your fear of heights. I did try bungee jumping, and still can’t believe that I fell for that trick. Bungee jumping only enhanced my fear of heights.However, that’s a different story. We’ll discuss that another time. For now, I’ll tell you the story of how I did my first skydive jump. And survived it. I’m proud I did it. Actually, I kind of like it, and might even try it again. But let’s answer the question first. Does skydiving really get rid of your fear of heights? Read on, and make your own conclusions....Read More