Brussels Journals

Brussels Winter Time

A December 2006 trip to Brussels by Mormik

Le Meridien Brussels Photo, Brussels, Belgium More Photos
Quote: Winter experience in Brussels Belgium in December.

Brussels Winter Time

Hot wine stand  Photo, Brussels, Belgium
I spent a week in Brussels in early December 2006. The weather was cool, but not freezing. A warm jacket in needed after sundown. The Grande Place was decorated for Christmas with lights and Christmas trees and at night there was a light and music show. There were stands set up all over the downtown area selling hot wine, pretzels, and Belgian waffles. I stayed at the Le Meriden Hotel, across the street from the train station and a 5 minute walk from La Grande Place. I went to see the Mannekin Pis statue, which was also decorated for Christmas. (This is the famous statue of the little boy peeing).Quick Tips: Try the waffles from the outdoor stands - they are amazing! The hot wine mix they sel...Read More
Le Meridien Brussels Photo, Brussels, Belgium

This hotel was amazing for its location. Located across the street from the central train station, it is walking distance from La Grande Place, the Mannekin Pis, the Royal Palace, shopping, restaurants and a nice park. The wireless Internet was very expensive though. They refused to give any airline miles to me because I had booked a "discount price" for the week.

The gym is kind of a joke, basically just a small room with a treadmill. The hotel is nice and quite luxurious; however I found it to be overpriced, even though I supposedly had a discount rate. I do recommend this hotel though, for its prime tourist location.

Member Rating 4 out of 5 on January 26, 2007