Branson Journals

First Family Vacation Ever

A September 2006 trip to Branson by merabbque

Quote: Family of five had their fist ever in life road trip to Branson, Mo Resort Big Cedar Wilderness Club. It was everything we expected and heard about the resort. Plenty to see and enjoy.

First Family Vacation Ever

Our most memorable moments were just being in the cabin as a family spending time and watching our babies faces as they walked around the cabin and slept at night. I guess it really depends on you what you like. This resort has everything from spas, swimming pools, running trail, horseback riding, walking trails, sports, adventure trails. The staff were very knowledgeable and helpful when needed.Quick Tips: What we did before we left was checkout the place, requested coupons before we left. Also, we printed coupons off the dining and leisure page.Best Way To Get Around: The best way to get around is by car, but once you hit downtown Branson you could park and walk. Great exercise too...Read More

Wilderness Club at Big Cedar

Hotel | "Big Cedar Wilderness Club"

Oh, my, this place was out of sight. When we first arrive I started crying. I'm a city girl and could not believe what I was seeing. The cabin where we were staying was spacious, it had a nice relaxing mood, we were able to sit on the balcony and just feel the fresh, clean air, and enjoy the wilderness. The pools were perfect for all ages. The scenic walk was beautiful. They had a lot of activities for all ages. We did not want the time to end. It was our first trip as a couple and a family. My husband and I had only been married for 1 year. We didn't even have a honeymoon. But that was good enough for us.

612 Devil's Pool Rd.
Branson, Missouri 65739

Wilderness Club at Big Cedar

Hotel | "Big Cedar Wilderness Club"

We enjoyed the room service. Being able to go to the local supermarket to buy food, come back to the cabin and cook . Not have to worry about spending a lot of money. That way we had money to spend doing other things with the family

612 Devil's Pool Rd.
Branson, Missouri 65739

The Devil's Pool Restaurant was an excellent place to sit down with family. The price was just right (especially for a family that on a budget) the inside was very warm and cozy. The customer service was outstanding. We would eat there again.

Devil's Pool Restaurant
Hwy 86
Branson, Missouri 65681

Denny's Restaurant

Restaurant | "Denny's"

It was right on the strip, looking for a budget then Denny's the place. The atmosphere was nice. Overall the food was OK. The staff could have been a little nicer.

Member Rating 3 out of 5 on January 7, 2007

Denny's Restaurant
2335 W 76

Fuddrucker

We really enjoyed this Fuddrucker, the food was very good. Better than the one in Minnesota. When my children left they were full for the price we paid (which was really cheap). It's a great place for the family.

Fuddrucker
1615 Hwy. 76
Branson, Missouri 65616

It was a sight to see, my children were so excited and amazed at all the different items and people they saw. My 10 year old child still talks about the older women with head a size of a min ball.

Ripley's Believe It Or Not Museum
3326 West Highway 76

Bass Pro Shop

Attraction | "Bass Pro Shops in Springfield"

My daughter, oldest son and myself did not like it , but my son and husband were amazed and excited looking at the fish. If you are into fishing then that's the place to go.

Member Rating 2 out of 5 on January 7, 2007

Bass Pro Shop
1935 S. Campbell
Springfield, Missouri 65807

Marvel Cave

Attraction | "Silver Dollar City - Shopping and Eats"

Fun place to shop and eat, clothes, shoes, anything you need. I think my daughter and myself enjoyed there more than anything else. I like the trolleys that ran on the street too.

Marvel Cave
399 Indian Point Road

Table Rock Dam

Now this was a great place to take the family, it was relaxing and fun. We got a chance to feed the fish and learn a little about the cultural side of Missouri. Look at the beautiful Dam up close. Plus, it was a great budget for the family(free).

Member Rating 4 out of 5 on January 7, 2007

If we had to do it all over? Huh, great? Yes we would. We are planning another trip there again for the year 2007. We plan on taking our parents, it would be all of our first vacation together.