Jerusalem Journals

Israel in January

A January 2004 trip to Jerusalem by goodwillambassador

Quote: Tel Aviv, Galilee, Mount Carmel, Jericho, Caesarea, Jerusalem, Dead Sea, Massada.

Israel in January

Despite the political climate, explore as much of the country as you can. There is no reason to go to Israel and sit in a hotel all day.

Trust your instincts,  if something doesn't feel right, listen!

We rented a car and drove everywhere, even where we weren't supposed to. The drivers were similar to those in Europe, aggressive but good.

Leonardo City Tower Hotel

Hotel | "Sheraton City Tower"

High rise near the highway and train line in Ramat Gan. They offer a complete breakfast buffet daily. The hotel is popular with business travelers. Be careful when walking out after dark, the neighborhood is frequented by provocatively dressed women who appear to be working...

Member Rating 3 out of 5 on December 28, 2006

Leonardo City Tower Hotel
14 Zisman Street
Tel Aviv, Israel 52136

Spaghizza

The food was fine, the service was the same. It was something easy near our hotel. This seemed to be the best bet in the area if you want to avoid the hotel restaurant.

Member Rating 3 out of 5 on December 28, 2006

Spaghizza
Abba Hillel Silver 7
Ramat Gan
03-5756060

Worth the Trip

Story/Tip

January in Israel is very quiet. When I went to the Old City of Jerusalem on a Monday morning, I was greeted by at least five anxious tour guides. I had already decided what I wanted to see and did not want a guide, but I am an easy touch for a legitimate request. My tour guide was a man in his mid-40's who explained that tourism was down 80% since the Infitada began, and he was willing to give me a tour for whatever price I thought was fair. I ended up spending 3 hours with him and paid the equivalent of $40 - which I thought was fair, and for which he was very pleased. He did an excellent job of giving the perspective of an Arab man living in Jerusalem his whole life. With him as my guide, I was ...Read More