Orlando Journals

Walt Disney World 2006

A May 2006 trip to Orlando by cmcintire77

Quote: This year was my 15th trip to Disney. My husband and I went for a week over our anniversary in May to enjoy what Disney and Florida has to offer us.

Disney's All-Star Sports Resort

Hotel | "Disney All-Star Sports Resort"

Every time we travel to Disney we always stay at another Disney hotel. I'm a travel agent and can get really good rate with Disney and there is no better way to describe what Disney has to offer to my clients then to have stayed there myself. This year we decided to stay in one of the "value" resorts with Disney. Since Mike is into some sports we thought that would be just fine. We had a standard room ground floor close to the baseball diamond pool. As with all the All Star resorts the Sports resort has two heated pools and open kiddie pool along with an arcade and playground. This resort had a nice food court, which makes it nice for those traveling with children on a budget. There you have anythi...Read More

Disney's All-Star Sports Resort
1701 West Buena Vista Drive
Lake Buena Vista, Florida 32830
407-939-5000

Hoop De Doo Musical Review

Restaurant | "Hoop Dee Doo Revue"

This year we decided to try a new dinner show and we loved it! We found ourselves taking the water taxi over to the Fort Wilderness Campground to eat at the Hoop-Dee-Doo review. This all-you-can-eat, hoe-down-style dinner show was just what we needed. The food was served country style in pots where you get chicken, ribs, fresh baked bread, and salad, and end your night with a huge strawberry shortcake! The entertainment was also great as it encouraged audience participation onstage as well as at your table. The kids here really had a good time.

Hoop De Doo Musical Review
Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort
Lake Buena Vista, Florida 32830
+1 407 939 3463

Walt Disney World Resort Fantasia Gardens Miniature Golf Course

Attraction | "Disney's Fantasia Gardens Mini Golf"

Adults and children will fell like they just stepped into the movie Fantasia when you come here to golf. With dancing hippos and leaping fountains, this will draw children into the story as you follow along the 36-hole adventure. You can choose from "Fantasia Gardens" the easier of the two courses with a fantastic escapade filled with music and interactive obstacles from the movie. Your more experienced golfers can then try their luck on Fantasia fairways, complete with nine par-3 an par-4 holes with lengths from 40-75 feet, enough to challenge even the best mini golfers out there.

Walt Disney World Resort Fantasia Gardens Miniature Golf Course