London Journals

London Vacation

An August 2006 trip to London by Travel Writer 1

Quote: My friends and I are visiting London for a few weeks, thought we'd write about it here!
Great place to go if you're looking for a comfortable and affordable stay. My friends and I had two rooms, both small but cozy, with clean bathrooms (working shower, toilets, sink) and nice windows to let some light in. Breakfast was tiny but sufficient. The concierge was very helpful with all our needs, especially directions to all the popular tourist spots. Would recommend most definitely, we had a great time!

Casserly Court Hotel
125 Gloucester Terrace
+44 (207) 262 3161

Comfort Inn Hyde Park

Hotel | "Comfort Inn (Hyde Park)"

We had a wonderful stay at the Comfort Inn. Clean, cozy rooms with comfortable beds, also bedside table and desk area. Space to store clothing and belongings very much appreciated, as well as the full English breakfast (very tasty, better than the regular one offered). Service was quick and price very affordable. Would recommend and most likely will return upon next visit to London.

Comfort Inn Hyde Park
18-19 Craven Hill Gardens
+44 (207) 262 6644

We had a great stay at the Georgian House Hotel, my friends and I were raving about it for days after. The have a lovely decor with friendly staff, prompt room service and house keeping. It's located in a great area, too! We walked everywhere and felt right at home upon return.

Member Rating 5 out of 5 on November 3, 2006

Georgian House Hotel
35 St. Georges Dr
London
+44 207 8341438

Excellent Italian restaurant. Had the best pasta pomodoro of my life. Lovely, dimly- lit place with friendly staff and a nice selection of wine. The place wasn't too crowded. Meal was brought out quickly.

Trattoria Italiana Biagio
15-17 Villers Street
+44 020 7839 3633

Little Italy

We went to Little Italy on our first night and stayed for hours! I was impressed by the wide range of selections on the menu, particularly pasta and antipasta. Wine was good, although not cheap. Would definitely recommend this little place for a smaller group of people who enjoy excellent Italian cuisine.

Little Italy
16 Irving Street
London, England WC2H 7AU

Garfunkle's

Very satisfied with Garfunkle's on Northumberland Ave. Had a round of drinks, then salads and burgers which were all quite good. The service was fairly quick and our Waiter consistently checked in on us to see if we needed anything. Fun, colorful decor as well. Probably our favorite place to eat so far.

Garfunkle's