Tamarindo Journals

Tamarindo Costa Rica

An October 2006 trip to Tamarindo by parkhill13

Quote: Tamarindo is now one of my favorite places - I will definitely be returning soon!

Tamarindo Costa Rica

Our hotel was a short walk from town, but walking along the beach was so much fun and only took a few minutes. There are a number of taxis nearby or your hotel will call one for you. Next time I go to Costa Rica I will drive, even though the roads are awful. I can't even describe how bad - almost as bad as roads in Michigan! There isn't a lot of parking in Tamarindo, but it is such a small town you can walk everywhere. I saw a lot of people riding around on mopeds and ATVs which is a much better way to traverse the roads than a traditional bike.

Hotel Capitan Suizo

Hotel | "Capitan Suizo"

This hotel was great. There are cats and dogs roaming around the property. Birds and squirrels join you for breakfast. The iguanas will lay out by the pool with you. In the mornings and evenings you can hear and maybe see the howler monkeys outside your room. Bottom line – do not stay here unless you like animals! The hot water is a little spotty, but the views, pool, and staff make up for that one flaw. The bungalows looked nice, I wish our travel agent would have given us the option to upgrade. There are only about 30 rooms so it is very private and quaint. You cannot see your neighbors even from your porch or balcony. The Capitan Suizo is a short walk from town - but walking on the ...Read More

Hotel Capitan Suizo
Playa Tamarino
Guanacaste, Tamarindo, Costa Rica
(506) 2653 0075

Hotel Capitan Suizo Restaurant and Bar

Restaurant | "Capitan Suizo"

We stayed at this hotel and ate here twice just because of the Filet de Robert - it is fantastic. The dining area is open like most of the restaurants in Tamarindo with a nice view of the beach. The staff are great. It is a short walk from town - 8 minutes by beach or 10 minutes via the dirt road. They introduced us to a local drink (Caipirinha) made with limes, brown sugar, and Guaro. Like everything else, it did not disappoint!

Hotel Capitan Suizo Restaurant and Bar
Playa Tamarindo
Guanacaste, Tamarindo, Costa Rica
(506) 2653 0075

Bon Appetite Sandwich Shop

Restaurant | "Bon Appetite"

This is a small sandwich shop owned and operated by an Italian couple. The sandwiches are made to order with fresh salami, cheese, and bread baked that day. It is very reasonably priced and in a good location. Right on the main road about a block from the circle.

Bon Appetite Sandwich Shop