Orlando Journals

Former tourist, now resident of Orlando

A travel journal to Orlando by Calico27

Quote: I used to come to Orlando every year with my family but I moved here in December of 2000.

Former tourist, now resident of Orlando

Disney, Universal Studios, Downtown Disney, Church Street

Disney's Wilderness Lodge

Hotel | "Wilderness Resort (Disney)"

This hotel was SO beautiful and we had wonderful service. It''s themed to be like a Western US/Yosemite type hotel. It''s about 8 stories high and when you walk in, you can see all the way up, it''s all open. Huge totem poles and they even have a real running brook inside the lobby that runs out side and into the pool. Ferry to Magic Kingdom and two great restaurants. My favorite was Artist''s Point. One of the fanciest restaurants I''ve ever been to, it was very good.

Member Rating 4 out of 5 on April 25, 2001

Disney's Wilderness Lodge
901 West Timberline Dr.
Lake Buena Vista, Florida 32830

A little nicer than the average hotel. We were on the second to the top floor and had a garden style whirpool in the room. From what I''ve read, all the rooms have garden style tubs/showers. I think the King bed rooms have a seperate shower?? Had a seperate sitting area. Bath and Body Works samples in the bathroom. A phone in the bathroom! Room Service was good. Also had a tiny bar/fridge with snacks under the TV. Bus to Disney.

Member Rating 4 out of 5 on April 25, 2001

Hotel Royal Plaza
1905 Hotel Plaza Boulevard
Orlando, Florida 32830

Medieval Times Dinner and Tournament

Restaurant | "Medieval Times"

This was a themed dinner show. Everyone is randomly chosen a side and you sit in bleacher type rows watching horses and knights joust, cheering for your side to win. I have given great reviews to almost everything so far, but I can't here. It was not fun. First they crowd you into a room where you can't even move, making you wait until they let you sit down (finally) for the show. Then everyone's screaming, yelling and cheering for knights/horses. I guess that could be for some people, but not for me. However, I had ordered a drink and went to go take a sip and noticed a dead fly in it. That was it for me so we left. Got a refund for the drink but couldn't for the show. Also just to warn peo...Read More

Member Rating 2 out of 5 on April 25, 2001