Burlington Journals

Ex - Burlington resident, but I miss it!

A travel journal to Burlington by Calico27

Quote: I lived in Burlington for two years before moving to Florida. Other than the winters, it's perfect. But if you like the cold, you'll love it!

Ex - Burlington resident, but I miss it!

Ben and Jerry's Factory Tour, about 30 min. away; Skiing, if you like that type of thing (I have no input here...!); In the summer - the waterfront is BEAUTIFUL and in late July they have an annual Vermont micro-brewery Beer Festival which is awesome. Church Street for shopping is a lot of fun too. And of course, if you go in the fall, the leaves are very beautiful.

Sirloin Saloon

Very good steak and seafood restaurant. I love to order their Shrimp Scampi. Before I had it, I thought I hated shrimp. One night I was there for a friend's birthday and tried a bite of it - I loved it and now it's one of my favorite dishes. Everything else is also very good there. They (and the other Perry's restaurants) have a chocolate cake type desert with a liquid chocolate center, topped with (of course) Ben and Jerry's vanilla ice cream. This is SO good...definitely try this. They also have a great salad bar with lots of things to choose from; it also comes with all the meals. Service has always been good and parking is no problem at all.

Sirloin Saloon
2517 Shelburne Rd.
Shelburne 05482

Mona's

I've only been here a few times but the food was really, really good. It's one of the fancier restaurants in Burlington. Right on the waterfront. Somewhat expensive but worth it.

Mona's
3 Main Street
802-658-6662

Icehouse Restaurant

I have been to about 95% of the restaurants in Burlington and this is one of my favorites. It's almost right on the waterfront so you have great views of the sunset. The food is EXCELLENT. If they are serving it when you go, make sure you order the Baked Brie - my favorite thing there. Service was always excellent too. It's a little hard to find if you aren't from the area and parking can be a pain, but it is very worth it.

Icehouse Restaurant
171 Battery St

Carbur's

Carbur's is a really good restaurant with a huge menu. It must be about 10 pages long and they have all types of food - everything from Mexican to seafood to regular old American. They have one of the biggest beer lists I've ever seen with beers from all over the World, and of course, a huge selection of Vermont micro-brews. I love how it's decorated, with tons of stuff to look at and there are even signed playing cards on the ceiling - but I've never figured out what they are for...! Parking is very difficult though. Every time I've been there, I've had to park in a parking garage and walk. But I've never had to wait for a table, they have a pretty big place. You'll like this restaurant.

Carbur's
115 Saint Paul Street

Annual Vermont Micro-Brewery Festival

I've only been to one because the first year I was in Burlington, it was held the week before my 21st birthday! It seems to be held the third week in July. You buy tickets though the Flynn Theater and when you get there they give you a 3 ounce glass (to keep!) and tickets (I can't remember how many). Then you go around to all the beer tents and exchange a ticket for a glass of beer. My favorites (like everyone's) are Long Trail, Magic Hat and Trout River. Spent most of my tickets at the first two. For anyone who hasn't had Vermont beer - it's very strong and all those little 3 oz. glasses add up! You can also buy more tickets for quite cheap if I remember right if you want to try more beer. La...Read More

Annual Vermont Micro-Brewery Festival