Koh Samui Journals

Result of a Holiday in Koh Samui

A June 2003 trip to Koh Samui by Judy

Travel Photo by IgoUgo memberMore Photos
Quote: 2003 was our first trip to Koh Samui. The beauty of the island attracted us back a year later. Finally when we were both ready to retire, we decided to do so in this beautiful island.

Result of a Holiday in Koh Samui

The beauty of the island is something that is beyond description. It continues to lure us back to the island again the following years until we finally settled down here. We took the opportunity to own a Swedish Pub along the busiest area, Soi Green Mango, last year and have never regretted the decision since then. There are many pubs, bars and nightclubs here. Most of them will have lady girls who pester you to buy drinks for them or take them out. There are also lady boys - be careful, some are prettier than the girls themselves!!! We were impressed with Viking Bar when we visited them. During the different periods of time that we visited them, they were the busiest bar fo...Read More

Viking Bar

During the years when I went there with my husband, there were no happy hours—but the atmosphere was unbelievable. One year, when we were there in March, you could hardly move in that little bar and yet, people were pushing to get in. Yours truly here was one of those.

Today, when we own the bar, we have started a happy hour. The atmosphere is kept at a friendly and relaxed level. During the peak season it is very hard to find space in the pub, so try to be early. Many of our customers are repeat tourists.

(PS. I may be prejudiced in my recommendations but that is what my customers tell me.)

Member Rating 5 out of 5 on September 30, 2006