Charleston Journals

Weekend in Charleston

A March 2006 trip to Charleston by watsonmonkeysmom

Quote: This was my son's birthday trip to Charleston, SC.

Howard Johnson Hotel - Charleston

Hotel | "Howard Johnson Riverfront"

The hotel is nice, fairly quiet, and nice room sized. I would reccommend if you have any issue whatsoever to ask to speak to a manager, we've stayed here two times and both times we had issues with the front desk workers.

We requested the highest floor possible (our kids love looking out the windows of high buildings). The view was beautiufl, The beds were not very comfy, and the maids would not bring extra pillows.

The restaurant is fairly priced, however the food, is "you get what you paid for".

Overall, I wouldn't stay here again, but I'm very picky.

Member Rating 3 out of 5 on September 27, 2006

Howard Johnson Hotel - Charleston
250 Spring St.
Charleston, South Carolina 29403

Sticky Fingers Rib House-Downtown

Restaurant | "Sticky Fingers"

This is the best chain-restaurant for BBQ and ribs...! My husband, me and 2 kids ate two kids entrees two adult entrees, 4 drinks and an appetizer for $40.

They have many BBQ/smoked options, mostly Ribs, but they have a few chicken choices.

Our appetizer was a ton of wings, you can order them with or without sauce. If you ask for them without sauce they have 4 or five flavors of BBQ on your table for you to try.

The restaurant was clean, comfortable booths, and the table was plenty large enough. We had a wonderful experience, and will definitely be coming back.

Member Rating 4 out of 5 on September 27, 2006

Sticky Fingers Rib House-Downtown
235 Meeting Street
Charleston, South Carolina

When you walk in, there are a ton of little exhibits, and the smaller fish. When you go upstairs you see a forest setting, the aviary, touch tank and HUGE aquariums.

The touch tank is set up so that kids can touch some of the friendlier ocean animals, including crabs, snails, and starfish.

There are plenty of benches for rest, and also rocking chairs to relax right next to ocean-themed children's books and toys.

Great way to spend 2-4 hours, and well worth the price.

Member Rating 5 out of 5 on September 27, 2006