Hershey Journals

Hershey's Gardens

A June 2005 trip to Hershey by 1229

Quote: Come here and take a walk in the gardens.

Hershey's Gardens

The Hershey's Garden.

Hershey's Garden is a good place you can't miss.

From the Hershey Hotel, walk. Otherwise, car or other private vehicle.

Hotel Hershey

Hotel | "Hershey Hotel and Spa"

It is a old hotel from the 1930s. In the back, they have a pond with fish in it. They also have a game room and several elevators throughout the hotel. The restaurant is very expensive, with food on the menu over $10 and around $20. The environment is mediteranian. I like national chains and less expensive, such as Hampton Inn better.

Member Rating 1 out of 5 on September 24, 2006

Hotel Hershey
100 Hotel Rd.

Red Robin

The restaurant's mascot is a red robin. In the waiting area, there is a television in the floor playing HGTV. There are also several televisions in the dining area playing ESPN and FOX News. I ordered a cheeseburger plain with fries and a Diet Coke. It was good. It would be very nice if they had a Red Robin in Lexington, Kentucky.

621 Park Ave.

621 Park Ave.

Hershey Gardens

Attraction | "Hershey's Gardens Walking Tour"

It is a large garden with a view of Hershey park. There is a children's garden with a Dasani Water Vending Machine, which I bought a Dansani from there because when I was there, the outside temperature was hot because it was the summertime. There is even a Japanese garden, which was my favorite part and a butterfly shelter.

Hershey Gardens
156 Hotel Road
Hershey, Pennsylvania 17033

The gift shop has art stuff in it and there is a Coke machine right by it. After all that walking in the hot sun, I decided to buy a Diet Coke. They only have the drinks in bottles, which cost $1. I didn't have 4 quarters and it would not take any of my $1 bills. So I had to go into the gift shop and trade my $1 bill into 4 quarters. That Diet Coke was refreshing.