New Orleans Journals

Cross Country '04: Day 1 - New Orleans

A June 2004 trip to New Orleans by greghuntoon

Hotel Provincial Photo, New Orleans, Louisiana More Photos
Quote: A ridiculous drive the first day gave us a really good feeling, and New Orleans was our reward. A great hot and spicy plate of beans and rice finished the night off nicely before retiring into Lalaland...
Hotel Provincial Photo, New Orleans, Louisiana
The rooms were small...not New York small, or even San Francisco small...they were small. But, from what I understand, that's how all the rooms are in New Orleans unless you really pay top dollar for accommodations. Everything was quite nice, centrally located, and an easy walk to anything in the French Quarter. The staff was totally nice, and our stay was quite pleasant.

My review of the hotel would be longer, but we stayed just over 12 hours and I didn't have a very long experience. I will say this much: next time I happen through New Orleans, I would definitely stay at the Hotel Provincial again.

Member Rating 3 out of 5 on September 15, 2006

Hotel Provincial
1024 Rue Chartres
New Orleans, Louisiana 70116

Cafe Du Monde

You should plan on waiting in line, and you should also plan on having a heart attack. Beignet and Chicory coffee are a great way to start out your morning in New Orleans, but I tell you, those damn things are just crazy fattening. I couldn't believe how heavy I felt after just having a couple of them. Either way, it's fantastic. I bought a bunch of cans of Chicory coffee to bring home to friends and family, though most of it just ended up in my freezer getting used on a daily basis by me.

Member Rating 4 out of 5 on September 15, 2006