Ensenada Journals

Engagement in Ensenada

An August 2006 trip to Ensenada by greghuntoon

Habana Banana Photo, Ensenada, Mexico More Photos
Quote: A four-day weekend evolved from a care-free getaway to an engagement vacation all without any knowledge of my soon-to-be fiancee. Mexico is magical.

Engagement in Ensenada

Well, obviously, the highlights from this trip were many...most importantly though, we got engaged!!! Folake had no idea it was coming, and she absolutely freaked out. I get to hold that moment for the rest of my life. We spent a lot of time running on the beaches between Bufadora and Ensenada, about 30 miles south of Ensenada. The highlights of this trip were really just great company with the woman I'm going to spend the rest of my life with, Insha Allah, and lots of good food, good conversation, and walking around. We did enjoy our little trip to La Bufadora (the blowhole). It was spectacular, and our favorite "tourist" place to go, as it seemed to be a tourist location for loca...Read More

Habana Banana

Habana Banana Photo, Ensenada, Mexico
After a day strolling through La Bufadora, Habana Cabana is a really nice way to get out and away from the street and have some good food. It's not necessarily strict Mexican cuisine, as the name might suggest, but the food was fantastic. I had a great Mexican combination dish with a chile relleno, enchilada and a taco (with guacamole and beans), while my fiancé had a very large and nice salad with white fish. The best part of the joint though, aside from the good service and food, were the spectacular views overlooking the bay. There was a nice breeze blowing through the open-aired restaurant, and on a hot day, that coupled with the ocean views made for a great afternoon meal.

Member Rating 4 out of 5 on September 14, 2006