Niagara Falls Journals

Anniversary in Niagara Falls, Ontario

A July 2004 trip to Niagara Falls by sixkristy6

Quote: While we were engaged, my husband and I decided to take a trip to Niagara Falls exactly one year before our wedding, as it was where we met. We did a lot of tourist activities and pretended that we'd never visited the falls before.

Tim Hortons

Restaurant | "Tim Horton's"

Tim Horton's has the absolute best coffee that I have ever had! Additionally, their donuts, pastries, and bagels are amazing as are their lunch specials.We eat breakfast there all the time when we go to Niagara Falls, and they just opened one up on Clifton Hill. The other one we've eaten at is on Lundy's Lane. There are also Tim Horton's where I live so I eat there quite a bit. Their coffee is very hot and flavorful. You can get a flavor shot of vanilla, hazelnut, raspberry, orange or butter caramel. They also have iced cappuccinos which are very tasty as well. I usually get a medium coffee with triple cream and triple sugar along with a vanilla dip donut or chocolate p...Read More

Member Rating 5 out of 5 on September 2, 2006

Tim Hortons
4950 Clifton Hill
Niagara Falls, Ontario, Canada L2E 6S8

Perkins

Perkins is similar to Denny's, but it has more baked goods. We ate breakfast here one morning. The food is always pretty good. My husband had an omelet with peppers, onions, and ham, and I had a Belgian waffle with bacon. The food was hot and tasted good. It didn't taste like it was sitting around either. The coffee was fresh and hot and we were pleased with the server who waited on us. The service itself was good, but it was slow. This was most likely due to the time of year and that we were there during a peak time for breakfast. We had to wait for about 20 minutes for a table. The only thing I was displeased with was the price. Our breakfast was about $40 Canadian and I felt ...Read More

Member Rating 4 out of 5 on September 2, 2006

Perkins
4800 Bender Hill Ave.
Niagara Falls, Ontario L2G 3K1

I thought that the Journey Behind the Falls would be an amazing experience. I was somewhat disappointed. It was very crowded which we expected, but we all felt packed into the walkways/tunnels. You could go right behind the falls and there was a fence like thing to prevent you from going too far.

At the one end, there was an area where you could walk out and look at the falls from the side. Additionally, you could see the American falls as well. That part was pretty nice and we took a lot of cute pictures there. They give you these rain ponchos to wear so you don't get completely soaked.

Member Rating 3 out of 5 on September 1, 2006

Journey Behind the Falls
6650 Niagara River Parkway Located In The Table Rock Complex
Niagara Falls, Ontario

Casino Niagara

The casino is pretty nice. It's pretty much right on Clifton Hill. You can wear anything from jeans to a dress or suit inside. There are always slots available which is good because it's the only thing I play. The gaming tables (especially the lower betting ones) fill up quickly at night, especially on the weekends.

Member Rating 4 out of 5 on September 2, 2006

Casino Niagara
5705 Falls Avenue
Niagara Falls, Ontario L2E 6T3

Niagara Falls

Attraction | "Niagara Falls in Canada (Horseshoe Falls)"

The Falls are an amazing natural wonder. We walked right down Clifton Hill and to the falls that way, so we did not have to pay for parking. It's very crowded but you can always find a spot at the fence to look right over and take pictures. The Falls create an amazing backdrop for any picture. Expect to get the mist from the Falls on you. There are horse and carriage rides along the falls which look very romantic.

Member Rating 5 out of 5 on September 2, 2006