Redondo Beach Journals

My Top 4 Restaurants in and Around Redondo Beach

An August 2006 trip to Redondo Beach by delilah71

Quote: I have lived here for a while now, and am a picky vegetarian and these are my top restaurants

The Green Temple Vegetarian Restaurant

Restaurant | "The Green Temple"

This place is an excellent vegetarian restaurant. They have live music on the weekends, the food is great and always consistent. I highly recommend the Sproutada or the Mushroom Walnut loaf, or Tuesday's special; the Vegetarian Curry. To drink, get the Iced Tea (which is called something I can't spell), but they'll know what you mean if you say Iced Tea. The only bad thing about this place is that the service is awful. Don't be in a rush when you go here, and don't expect to get good service. If that bothers you, consider doing takeout.

Member Rating 4 out of 5 on August 27, 2006

The Green Temple Vegetarian Restaurant
1700 S. Catalina Ave.
Redondo Beach, California 90277

Riviera Mexican Grill

Restaurant | "Reviera Mexican Grill"

This place is a local favorite, so expect there to be a wait every night of the week. The wait is worth it though. I love their Tofu Fajitas, and this is the only place I've ever had a Vegetarian Chimichanga. If you like spicy salsa, ask for the hot salsa!

Riviera Mexican Grill
1615 S. Pacific Coast Hwy
Redondo Beach, California

Ole Fire Grill

Restaurant | "Ole "

This is Mexican food by Good Stuff restaurant, which is right next door. They have hand made tortillas here, and on the weekends they serve breakfast. I always get the veggie tacos, but I hear the fish tacos are great, although a little expensive considering it's fast Mexican food. The salsas are excellent, always fresh.

Ole Fire Grill
1617 South Pacific Coast Highway
Redondo Beach, CA 90277

They have fantastic Indonesian food here. I like the fact that they offer Veg. Nasi Goreng (fried rice) with Tempeh. I always order a side of peanut sauce to go with it. The ambiance is great here, and the food is always good and consistent.

Banyan Indonesian Restaurant