Curacao Journals

Week in Marriott

An August 2006 trip to Curacao by Dburke

Quote: Spent a week in Curacao - what a week.
My daughter, myself and my daughter's godmother stayed at the Marriott from the 5th to the 12th of August. It was everything I expected plus more. I felt the hotel was the nicest on the island. We rented a car and explored the island and were not disappointed one bit with our selection of our hotel. The Kura Hulanda on the western point of the island was very nice but at $750 a night was way out of our price range. The staff at the Marriott were very friendly and helpful. In fact one night we had ordered dinner from room service and because the kitchen was busy they served it to us for free because we had to wait. I felt that the various restaurants had a lot to offer in terms of varied meal...Read More

Curacao Marriott Beach Resort & Emerald Casino
John F Kennedy Boulevard, Piscadera Bay
Curacao
+599 (9) 736-8800

National Park

We rented a car and went to Westpunt to the National Park. It was awesome. The sights were incredible. There were many natural cut outs that the water would hit and it was magnificent. There is a natural bridge and an underwater cave. Definitely take a tour of this park - it was worth the trip. There are many lizards running free and it is very dry. Amazing to see wild goats roaming all over.

Member Rating 4 out of 5 on August 20, 2006

Curacao Ostrich Farm (The)

Attraction | "Ostrich Farm"

We went to the Ostrich farm - what a treat! You get to hear all about ostriches and see the way they behave in both captivity and in the wild. You get to feed an ostrich if you want to and hold an ostrich egg as well as a 2 day old baby ostrich. It was quite an experience.

Member Rating 4 out of 5 on August 20, 2006

Curacao Ostrich Farm (The)
St Catherines
Curacao
+599 9 747 27 77

Marriott's Renaissance Curacao Casino

Attraction | "Marriott Casino"

I wasn't impressed with the casino in the Marriott. It was small and smoky. There was a variety of slot machines ranging from 1 cent to $5. Only spent one night in there and no payout. Didn't seem that anyone was winning.

Member Rating 1 out of 5 on August 20, 2006