Kansas City Journals

Weekend in Kansas City

An August 2006 trip to Kansas City by night_talk

Quote: Kansas City...a little more than a city in Kansas.

Harrah's North Kansas City Hotel & Casino

Restaurant | "Harrah's Buffet"

This place was the best food I have ever had. I have not eaten as good at a sit down restaurant with twice their price. This was very good. I went on the prime rib night and they had everything.

Member Rating 5 out of 5 on August 16, 2006

Harrah's North Kansas City Hotel & Casino
1 Riverboat Drive
Kansas City

Worlds of Fun & Oceans of Fun

Attraction | "Worlds of Fun"

If you think you want to go be sure, be sure, be sure you check the online calendar and or call ahead. We arrived and all the shows were finished for the season except for one dog show (whoopee). They don't give refunds and don't give discounts for the lack of entertainment. I go to Silver Dollar City and regardless the time of the year they have all their venues filled with entertainment. This place has 5 venues and all were closed. Just roller coasters and gift shops that were all the same... A very very big disappointment. The worst part of my trip.

Member Rating 1 out of 5 on August 16, 2006

Worlds of Fun & Oceans of Fun

Attraction | "Oceans of Fun"

If you read my report on Worlds of Fun then you will see that this is totally opposite. we had a wonderful time and most everything was good. The areas were clean and they seemed to be very organized. There is plenty to do from open til close. If you have small children steer clear of the wave pool. I think it is a little much and risky for smaller kids. Everything else was great and top notch.

Member Rating 5 out of 5 on August 16, 2006

Worlds of Fun & Oceans of Fun

Attraction | "Worlds of Fun"

Workers there dont have a clue what they are selling, the park ran out of a certain softdrink, all show venues closed, some rides closed. I really did not have that much fun. Go to Worlds or Fun and stay there.

Member Rating 1 out of 5 on August 16, 2006