New York Journals

Weekend Getaway in New York

An April 2006 trip to New York by ranaldino

Quote: In this journal I will be telling you about the places I went on my trip. My family and I went to a Yankees game, to the Statue of Liberty, and Ellis island.

Yankee Stadium

Attraction | "New York Yankees game"

At this particular game the Yankees played the Blue Jays and they won. My family woke up early to watch batting practice and get autographs. The atmosphere was very friendly and clean.

Member Rating 4 out of 5 on August 15, 2006

Yankee Stadium
East 161st Street
Bronx, New York 10451
(718) 293 4300

Statue of Liberty

When we arrived at the dock to get on the boat to get to the Statue of Liberty, security was really tight. The line was long, but luckily we were at the front. The boat ride went smoothly. I say this because my kids usually get seasick, but that day they didn't. When we got there, it was a clear day, so the view was unbelievable. The view made up for the fact that we couldn't go in the statue. We ate lunch there and came back.

Member Rating 4 out of 5 on August 15, 2006

Statue of Liberty
Liberty Island
New York, New York 10004

Ellis Island and Immigration Museum

Attraction | "Ellis Island"

After going to the Statue of Liberty we took the Ferry to Ellis island. We walked around and took a tour. There were lots of facts about the island. Usually when we go places my wife and I worry about losing our younger kids but not here. At the end of the tour they let people look through the records on line of all the people who came through Ellis island. That was cool because I found my Great Grandpa's name and file there.

Member Rating 4 out of 5 on August 22, 2006