Gulfport Journals

Last Trip to the Casinos Before Katrina ate Them

An August 2005 trip to Gulfport by IGoUgoCanGoTOHELL

Quote: What was expected to be a Romantic getaway, turned into a gambling spree.

Grand Casino Buffet

After being disappointed By Olive Garden in Biloxi, I ended up going to the Grand Buffet at the Casino. They actually have awesome food, and its super cheap. The Soft Serve ice Cream is the stuff of legend. Sadly the buffet was ate by Hurricane Katrina about 2 weeks after I was last there. They have one of these restaurants at the Grand Casino in Biloxi. I highly suggest you get some Soft Serve Ice Cream.

Member Rating 5 out of 5 on August 13, 2006

Grand Casino Buffet
Grand Casino Gulfport
Gulfport, Mississippi 39501

One of the highlights of any pre-Katrina trip to the Coast, involved the Gambling. In case you didn't know gambling is legal in Mississippi. So I went and found my "lucky blackjack table", I went in with 300 Dollars, and at one point was up well over $600, but I decided to press my luck. I only ended up walking away with 100 profit. The Casinos must pump some chemicals or something in the air, You almost never get sleepy while gambling. Its quite awesome. I only hope the Post Katrina Casinos are as much an awesome place as the Pre-K ones.

About the Writer