Kendall Park Journals

Trip to New Jersey and NYC

A June 2006 trip to Kendall Park by Howdymike

Six Flags Great Adventure & Wild Safari Photo, Jackson, New Jersey More Photos
Quote: A quick trip to visit some college buddies in New Jersey.

Six Flags Great Adventure & Wild Safari

Attraction | "Six Flags Great Adventure"

Six Flags Great Adventure & Wild Safari Photo, Jackson, New Jersey
As one of the larger parks of the Six Flags chain, there was certainly a nice selection of roller coasters including the worlds tallest and fastest coaster, Kingda Ka (128 mph, 456 ft). However, the overall experience was lacking with sub-par food, slow service and ride operators, and a not-so-family-friendly atmosphere. The coasters themselves are excellent with a couple top fives in the world; my favorites were El Toro, Nitro, Kingda Ka, and Medusa--each offering a unique experience. The best advice I can give for the park is to go straight to Kingda Ka when the park opens because the line for that ride can easily exceed two hours through day. Also, try to eat as much as you can before you enter...Read More

Member Rating 3 out of 5 on August 6, 2006

Six Flags Great Adventure & Wild Safari
1 Six Flags Blvd.
Jackson, New Jersey 08527

Altar Boyz

I was in NYC for one day, and two of my friends and I wanted to see a show--any show, really, preferably a musical. So we went to TKTS in Times Square and found the cheapest and most interesting show, which was an off-Broadway musical called Altar Boyz.

It was an intimate little theater, with nobody being too far away from the stage, and there was audience interaction as well. It was an energetic, humorous and extremely entertaining performance with memorable songs. My friends and I left the performance smiling and all agreed it was a top-notch show!

Member Rating 5 out of 5 on August 6, 2006

Altar Boyz
340 West 50th Street
New York, New York

Staten Island Ferry

My buddies and I were looking for fee, fun things to do in New York, and we were told that the Stat ten Island ferry was a nice trip across the water with great views of the city. As a free activity, this was well worth it as we got wonderful panoramas of the city and the Statue of Liberty. The only bad part was that we had absolutely no time to spend on Staten Island itself, and we had to take the same boat back for the 15 minute return journey. If your looking for a free activity and some nice shots of the city, this is for you!

Member Rating 4 out of 5 on August 6, 2006