Dayton Journals

Dayton, WGI Homeland

An April 2006 trip to Dayton by poliwantsacrckr

Travel Photo by IgoUgo memberMore Photos
Quote: To all of those who are in drumline and colorguard, you know what I'm talking about. Dayton, place of where WGI nationals usually takes place. Trip was with friends/teammates. Fun stuff.

Dayton, WGI Homeland

Play in the snow, WGI NATIONALS, barfing at White Castle, rehearsing at an ice skating rink, seeing the sites, being in a different environment.We were warned to stay out of certain places which was scary (KKK and other hate groups) I appreciate being in California so much more now.WGI NATIONALSIt was so great. There were groups from all over the world! Japan, Canada, Europe, and of course the US. Tickets were pricey though. If you're a performer, you get this wristband that gets you in ALL the prelims shows for free.WEATHER:It was cold as heck!!Quick Tips: When we went shopping for groceries (we had to stay there for a week) p...Read More

Steak and Shake

Waiter! Photo, Dayton, Ohio
First, I wasn't used to the smoking INSIDE A RESTURANT (california thing I guess).

The food was alright, just like a Denny's. The mood was cool I guess. It was like the 60s diner car rollerblade milkshake days.

BUT I SAW THE NASTIEST THING AS I WALKED INTO THE RESTROOM. The chef came out of a stall and didn't wash his hands! EWWWWWWWWW!!!

Member Rating 2 out of 5 on July 26, 2006

University of Dayton Arena

Attraction | "WGI World Champs"

University of Dayton Arena Photo, Dayton, Ohio
WGI NATIONALS

AMAZING performances. Pride of Cincinnati, northern lights, fantasia, avon... the list goes on.

Oh, they were all color guard shows.

Member Rating 4 out of 5 on July 26, 2006