Damascus Journals

An October 2005 trip to Damascus by faszikam

Quote: Al Haramain Hotel

Al Haramein

Hotel | "Al Haramain"

I always go for the inexpensive places to stay. This hotel was totally adequate. No frills. Shared bath/shower. My room was on the ground floor adjoining the common area. It was a bit noisy if people were up late chatting. But overall, it was not bad at all. Clean room, no cucarachas, clean sheets. What more could one ask for? It's walking distance to the old city. I would stay here again.

Member Rating 4 out of 5 on July 9, 2006

Al Haramein
Bahsa Street
Damascus, Syria
231-9489

Tourist Hotel (Madam Olga's)

Hotel | "Tourist Hotel"

Called Funduq al Seaha in Arabic. This is Madame Olga's place. Very clean. Great staff. Nice to meet other travellers. Not a charming location, in the tire sellers district. Walking distance to everywhere, if you get your bearings.

Member Rating 5 out of 5 on July 9, 2006

Tourist Hotel (Madam Olga's)
Boustan Kul Ab
Aleppo, Syria

I took the local bus from the airport to the terminus downtown. The bus was pretty shabby, but the price was a fraction of what a taxi driver wanted. I think the first taxi driver wanted 500 for the trip, and the bus cost under 10. Onboard were airline employees and just regular folk. I took a taxi from the main bus station downtown to my hotel, as I had been travelling for 24 hours to get to Damascus. The bus stop is all the way to the right when you come out of the terminal building.