London Journals

Lovely London in the Fall

An October 2002 trip to London by osgf

Travel Photo by IgoUgo memberMore Photos
Quote: There's not enough time in the world to fully enjoy all of London's sites and attractions! Two weeks is definitely not enough.

Tate Modern

Attraction | "Museums & Galleries"

The museums and art galleries are awesome, and I mean that literally! Most are free with a donation. The Tate gallery was especially nice. I could have spent all day in there, but they were closing...you have to check them out, if you go!

Member Rating 4 out of 5 on July 6, 2006

Tate Modern
Sumner Street
London SE1 9TG
+44 20 7887 8000

if you ever have the chance to travel thru England, try a pub for a refreshing drink & homey atmosphere.
the patrons treat you like family so there is no need to be anxious about trying it out.
its almost more like going to a family run restaurant.
we went to a lot of pubs when i was there. its not the same mindset as here in the states, going to bars. its more for a drink & camaraderie.
plus their Guinness is more stout than out domestic beers;)...
'the boars head' was one i remember. good music, good friends, neat atmosphere...

Member Rating 3 out of 5 on July 17, 2006

Bury St. Edmunds Market Town

Attraction | "Cathedral & Town Tour"

While visiting my cousin in the airforce town of Mildenhall, we drove to Bury St Edmunds. It's a quaint little English town with ruins of an old, huge church grounds. We walked through that for almost an hour! The grounds of the ruins were meticulously trimmed and if it weren't for it being a ruins, you could almost imagine yourself back in time. The town there has a small urban city feel to it.

Member Rating 4 out of 5 on July 17, 2006

Bury St. Edmunds Market Town

Suffolk, East Anglia

Big Bus Tours-London Sightseeing Tour

Attraction | "London Bus Tour"

If you purchase a bus tour ticket, you can get on & off the same bus line if you feel compelled to get off & tour. we got off at the tower of London & they gave us a tour (it was free~included in out bus tour price!) we got to see a beautiful dusk setting with the Westminster abbey in view.

Member Rating 5 out of 5 on July 17, 2006

Big Bus Tours-London Sightseeing Tour
48 Buckingham Palace Road
London, England
+44 (20) 7233 9533

Theater

Attraction | "CATS, london style...."

One of my best memories of london, was the time me, my cousin, nephew & 2 aunts went to see CATS. We got awesome seats. 3rd row, center. couldnt have been any better. the characters even came out in the audience once or twice during their acts. when one cat sang 'memories' you could feel her sadness & see the look on her face. I have this on DVD, but its nothing like the real thing. not something i would normally do, but im so glad i went to see this play!!

Member Rating 5 out of 5 on July 18, 2006

Theater
Many Theaters in London
London, England

If you ever have the chance to visit england, book a night or 2 in a local bed & breakfast! The prices are great, most times you get a full breakfast(which is a lot of food!) & possibly even a ride from the proprietor to a local attraction(or airport, in our case). me & 3 family members stayed in one when we took them back to the airport to fly home & found one really close to Heathrow airport. the rooms are quaint & neat. the bathroom in our room was as nice as one you'd find in a 4-star hotel. it was so shiny & bright & wonderfully clean. the owners were nice & the B&B had a homey feel to it.

About the Writer