Nuevo Vallarta Journals

Grand Velas, Nuevo Vallarta, Mexico

An April 2006 trip to Nuevo Vallarta by blue1104

Quote: Six night stay at Grand Velas resort in Nuevo Vallarta, Mexico.

Lucca

I think that this is the best a la carte restaurant at Grand Velas. I had the tuna and my husband had a pasta dish. We had the antipasto appetizer, which I highly recommend. We had tiramisu for dessert and it was delicious. The service was very good.

Member Rating 3 out of 5 on June 27, 2006

Lucca
Grand Velas Hotel
+52 (322) 2268000

Azul Restaurant

Restaurant | "Azul"

Azul is the main restaurant at Grand Velas, and the only one open for breakfast and lunch. It is a buffet restaurant with lots of choices, but I highly recommend ordering off the menu. The buffet choices are often cold or just old-looking. For lunch, I recommend the quesadillas or the tacos. We tried both fish and chicken and both were good. Make sure you get chips and guacamole because this was the highlight of the trip.

Member Rating 2 out of 5 on June 27, 2006

Azul Restaurant
Grand Velas All Suites & Spa Resort
Nuevo Vallarta, Mexico 63735

Grand Velas Beach

Attraction | "Beach"

The beach is beautiful, and while we were there in April, not too crowded. During the day, there are a few vendors selling jewelry, clothing, and beautiful carved wood figures. Drink service is available, but often it is a long time between visits. I found it was much easier to go to the bar. Tipping is not expected, but is much appreciated. The mojitos are outstanding!

Member Rating 3 out of 5 on June 27, 2006

Grand Velas Beach

Lobby Bar

This is a fairly nice bar, but when we were there, it was completely dead. We made friends with the bartender who gave us experimental fruity drinks. They have live bands and/or karaoke occasionally, but we missed that. I recommend ordering drinks and taking them to the upstairs balcony to watch the sunset.

Member Rating 2 out of 5 on June 27, 2006

Lobby Bar
Grand Velas All Suites & Spa Resort

Grand Velas Resort

Story/Tip

We stayed at this all-inclusive resort for 6 nights. The rooms were beautiful, but we had trouble with our shower. The pressure was very low, and when we requested a room change, we were told that the hotel was full. The food is not great, but not horrible either. I highly recommend getting room service for breakfast. The french toast and the coffee are both wonderful. Make sure you take advantage of ordering a bottle of wine or liquor to your room each day—it is part of the all inclusive. The wine selections are not good, but there is a decent liquor selection. The hotel is pretty far from the nearest town—you will have to take a taxi, but if you intend to spend most of your tim...Read More

Grand Velas Spa

Story/Tip

The Grand Velas Spa is a beautiful, full-service spa. The hydrotherapy treatment is part of the all-inclusive and includes time in the sauna, steam room, whirlpool, foot whirlpool, hot and cold pools, and a few others. It's very relaxing. I got a manicure and pedicure and was not incredibly impressed with the quality, but the experience was amazing. I recommend going for a massage or body treatment.