Kilmelford Journals

Melfort Village

A May 2006 trip to Kilmelford by Jerryaub

Melfort Village Photo, Oban, Scotland More Photos
Quote: Melfort Village (timeshare or self-serve)

Melfort Village

Melfort Village Photo, Oban, Scotland
We enjoyed Melfort Village very much. The staff was great. The unit we had was one of the best I trade for. The area was beautiful. It was kind of Isolated and very peaceful.I found the people a Scotland very friendly. They always help me with direction.Quick Tips: It's a little bit of a drive from the Airports, Edinburgh or Glasgow, but well worth the drive.Oban which is about half of hour drive North from the village, has a store call Tesco. We did most of our shopping there.There are Oban maps all over the place, very handy.Oban Rare Breeds Farms Park, was very well done. Has trails and can get close to the animals. Use the road that on the south side of Oba...Read More

Local Shellfish shack

Restaurant | "Local Shell Fish"

Local Shellfish shack Photo, Oban, Scotland
This place has the best smoked salmon! I bought two sandwiches from them, they were great! The girls that work the counter give out samples. This place is right outside of the ferry terminal.

Local Shellfish shack
Ferry pier
Oban, Argyll, Scotland

Oban Rare Breeds Farm Park Photo, Oban, Scotland
Linda enjoy this park very much. There's a nice trail that take you around the park were you can get close to the animals. You can also buy food to give them. I thought it was well done. It also has a bar to buy food.

Oban Rare Breeds Farm Park
Glencruitten
Oban, Scotland

Tesco

Tesco Photo, Kilmelford, Scotland
This is were Linda and I did most of our shopping. Tesco was referred by many people. It carries food and other things you might need.

Tesco
Lochside
Oban, Argyll, Scotland PA34 4HP
0845 6779519

Isle of Mull

Isle of Mull Photo, Oban, Scotland
To get to this Isle, you take the ferry from Oban. There are different tours that you can do. You can buy these tours at the ferry terminal. We did the one for the Torosay Castle. It's a very nice ride there. The ferry has restaurant on board, and there are other booths, selling snacks and drinks. There also a bar. Once off the ferry we walked about a mile to a little train station that took us rest of the way. Kids would like this part. There a little walk to the castle. I like the outside grounds the best. The ferry leaves at different times, so you can stay as long as you want.

Member Rating 4 out of 5 on June 11, 2006