Savannah Journals

Remembering Life in Savannah!

A March 2005 trip to Savannah by luv2travel8802

Quote: Life is Savannah is wonderful! I lived in Savannah for 3 years and had a chance to visit many restaurants and tourist attractions. With the success of Paula Dean on the Food Network and wonderful scenery, Savannah is a place that should not be missed!

Elizabeth on 37th

My husband and I lived in Savannah for 3 years and visited Elizabeth on 37th one time for our anniversary. While the atmosphere of Elizabeth on 37th was beautiful, the service could have been better considering the price. For example, once the head waiter discovered that we were not ordering wine, it seemed like he didn't care to provide us with the same level of service as the other patrons. Although the food was nicely presented, it did not make up for the other issues during our visit.

Member Rating 2 out of 5 on June 6, 2006

Elizabeth on 37th
105 East 37th St

Clary's Cafe

Restaurant | "Clary's"

Clary's Cafe is a a good hometown restaurant that caters to many Savannah locals. The food at Clary's is delicious and the menu contains an assortment of different items. I have only visited Clary's for Dinner; however, I have heard that they serve an excellent breakfast.

Member Rating 3 out of 5 on June 6, 2006

Clary's Cafe
404 Abercorn St

Mrs. Wilkes' Dining Room

Restaurant | "Mrs. Wilkes Boarding House"

Mrs. Wilkes Boarding House is a real treasure in Savannah eateries. If you like Southern food and don't mind eating at the same table as your neighbor, Mrs. Wilkes Boarding House is for you. Food at this restaurant is served home-style and there is not a menu to choose from. The vegetables served are garden fresh and the meats are juicy and delicious. While Mrs. Wilkes has passed away, her family keeps her memory alive at the restaurant. I highly recommend a visit to Mrs. Wilkes Boardinghouse for a unique dining experience!

Member Rating 4 out of 5 on June 6, 2006

Mrs. Wilkes' Dining Room
107 West Jones Street

Wet Willie's

Wet Willies is an establishment that should not be missed! Where else can you find about fifteen different frozen daiquiri flavor machines? When I lived in Savannah, I enjoyed visiting Wet Willies for their delicious strawberry and mudslide daiquiris. Just remember, the Daiquiris at Wet Willies can be strong (well, by my standards)!

Member Rating 5 out of 5 on June 6, 2006

Wet Willie's
101 E. River St.
Savannah, Georgia
912-233-5650

Kevin Barry's Irish Pub

Attraction | "Kevin Barry's (Irish Pub)"

I visited Kevin Barry's for my birthday and it was truly a unique experience. Irish music is performed at Kevin Barry's every weekend. The Pub setting is very quaint and romantic. The food was good and the service was prompt.

Member Rating 3 out of 5 on June 6, 2006

Kevin Barry's Irish Pub
117 West River St.
(912) 233 9626

Savannah Riverfront/River Street

Attraction | "River Street"

When visiting Savannah, River Street is an area that should not be missed! From the small local shops, smells of candy making, and entertaining street performers, any family will enjoy a visit to River Street. One of my favorite places on River Street is the candy store, River Street Sweets. During a visit to River Street Sweets, you will often have the opportunity to sample some delicious candy and observe taffy being made.

Member Rating 5 out of 5 on June 6, 2006