Ottawa Journals

Winterlude In Ottawa

A February 2001 trip to Ottawa by sinbad

Quote: We went on a weekend trip for Winterlude, which is world famous winter activity.

Winterlude In Ottawa

Most memorable moment is when we went skating on the Rideau Canal, on the canal itself there are refresments and souvenir shops, there is also a small bon fire to warm up. I also enjoyed visiting parliament, we went up the peace tower, and the view from the top is breathtaking, you could almost see everything. While going up/down the elevator, which are glass, you could see massive bells, which ring every 15 minutes.

My tip is: dress extremly warm, bundle up as much as possible, we dressed very warm but were still cold, if it wan't for the wind the weather would be nice.

Drive close by to your location, and walk from there.
The hotel was very clean and comfortable. The staff was friendly and courteous. Hotel rate includes a buffet breakfast for two. I highly recommend this hotel to anyone who wants to visit Ottawa.

Member Rating 4 out of 5 on March 4, 2001

Embassy West Hotel
1400 Carling Avenue
Ottawa, Ontario K1Z7L8

Rideau Canal

Attraction | "Strolling Rideau Canal"

In Ottawa's winterlude there are different parks with different activities such as, making your own ice sculptures, mazes, ice slides (my personal favorite), and skating. They have beautiful ice and snow sculptures.

Member Rating 4 out of 5 on March 4, 2001