New Jersey Journals

Generally Jersey

A February 1990 trip to New Jersey by beachbumm63

YMCA Camp Ockanickon Photo, More Photos
Quote: Just offering my Jersey experience to anyone who may want it.

Ocean City Beach New Jersey

Attraction | "Ocean City Beach"

Ocean City is hands down the best beach in Jersey! So maybe I'm a little biased, but check out my earlier Jersey Paradise journal to learn more bout the best beach in Jersey!

Member Rating 5 out of 5 on May 15, 2006

Ocean City Beach New Jersey
Ocean City
Ocean City, New jersey

YMCA Camp Ockanickon

Attraction | "Camp Ockanickon"

YMCA Camp Ockanickon Photo,
Camp Ockanickon is so much fun! It's not just a campsite. You know, with trees, dirt, and… nothing else. Not at Ockanickon! There's a ropes course which is usually the favorite of kids. There are a few stages and other pavilions throughout the site where my Girl Scout troop used to perform a variety of shows for our leaders. There are so many 'hidden' places that you just have to discover for yourself. You can tent camp here, stay in little eight person cabins, or full lodges with kitchen and bathroom. It really is a great place, especially for Girl Scout troops.

Member Rating 5 out of 5 on May 15, 2006

YMCA Camp Ockanickon
1303 Stokes Road
Medford, New Jersey 08055

Pennington Park

This has recently become one of my favorite dog walking spots. After I got tired of just walking my little pup around the neighborhood I thought a change of scenery would be nice for both of us. I had driven by Pennington Park numerous times and never thought much of it, but I decided to give it a try. The first couple times I stayed on the open path out of the woods and played it safe. Then I got a little more adventurous and went off the actual park trail onto another which took you by the creek and behind the Newton's Landing 55-older neighborhood(I think). However, when i did this I did not realize it wasn't on the Park map. About a mile in and no turn across or around the creek in sight, I decide...Read More

Member Rating 4 out of 5 on April 16, 2008