Paris Journals

30 Days in Paris

An April 2006 trip to Paris by tcguide

La Table de Joel Robuchon Photo, Paris, France More Photos
Quote: I spent the entire month of April 2006 living in Paris.

La Table de Joel Robuchon

La Table de Joel Robuchon Photo, Paris, France
Joel Robuchon is a celebrity chef in Paris, but surprisingly not here in NYC, though the waiter at La Table told us that he is opening a restaurant in NYC later in 2006. He already has a place in Las Vegas, which could be a good sign or a bad sign! We had an exceptional food experience here for lunch on a weekday afternoon. It was not typical high-end French. The food had may non-traditional French flavors. For example, my goat cheese ravioli in shrimp broth was more of a Mediterranean and Asian flavor. The service was quite formal, but friendly. My favorite part of the meal was the chocolate dessert that I ordered. Lunch here will cost about €50 per person. On a weekday in April, it was not crowded.

Member Rating 5 out of 5 on May 2, 2006

La Table de Joel Robuchon
16, Avenue Bugeaud
Paris, France 75116

Zen Zoo

Ally Drinking Bubble Tea at Zen Zoo Photo, Paris, France
I love bubble tea and on my second to last day in Paris, I found bubble tea in Paris. Zen Zoo is located two blocks away from the Bibliotheque National and the closest metro stop is Pyramides, which is where the Louvre is located. I had a unique grapefruit green tea blend. This tea house also serves some Taiwanese pastries and snacks. The bubbles tasted good, and I was happy to enjoy a favorite treat in the romantic city of Paris.

Member Rating 4 out of 5 on January 27, 2007