Bergen Journals

Bergen with No Plans

A May 2005 trip to Bergen by civetta

Quote: Quick overview of Bergen, this was the start of my "no plans" vacation in Scandinavia. All I had was 7 nights to get from Bergen to Stockholm and catch my flight home.
I found this cozy pension to be just that cozy! It was warm, the host was very friendly, and the breakfast was wonderful. I wish I could have stayed longer, but I was lucky to get in for the one night that I did. The bathrooms are communal, but it never posed a problem for me.

The pension is close to the fish market, some great shops, historic churches, and is located just above the entrance to the Funicular to Mount Floyen. The pension is up a steep hill and is quite the hike when your tired, however, the view was wonderful and the neighborhood is quite clean and well kept.

Member Rating 5 out of 5 on May 1, 2006

Skansen Pensjonat
Vetrlidsalm. 29
Bergen, Norway
+47 5531 9080

Fløibanen

Attraction | "Mount Floyen and the Funicular (Fløybanen)"

For this journey to the top of Mount Floyen you will take the Funicular (think small train) to the top through tunnels, forest, and great views. Once you get to the top the view is magnificent; (be aware it's much cooler than down below) you can see Bergen, do some shopping, and grab a bite to eat. If you have the time there are several hiking trails up here that I wish I could have explored.

Member Rating 2 out of 5 on May 1, 2006