Victoria Journals

Beautiful Victoria

A June 2005 trip to Victoria by patty718

Prince of Whales Photo, Victoria, British Columbia More Photos
Quote: Beautiful Victoria: I had long heard about this place, but never would have imagined it to be so beautiful.

Millo's Restaurant

If you like Greek food, or even if you just want to try Greek food, this is the place to go. Authentic Greek food. Everything from the well known Greek salads, to the lesser known Saganaki (flaming fried cheese). All the dishes here are so tasty; with various herbs, garlic, and the famous Tzaziki sauce (cucumber yogurt sauce). If you like drinks try the Ouzo, it's got a good kick.

Member Rating 4 out of 5 on April 7, 2006

Millo's Restaurant
716 Burdett Avenue
Victoria, British Columbia

Prince of Whales

Attraction | "Prince of Whales Whale Watching"

Prince of Whales Photo, Victoria, British Columbia
The experience I had with this company and their tour was amazing. First off, they suit everyone up in an orange/red space suit type of thing which is actually just a safety suit. Then we're off on the zodiac!! The zodiac seats about 15 people, so it's a relatively small group. Once we set out to the ocean, it's about an hour of bumpy and fast boat riding. It was like a roller coaster, even better. We stopped at one spot and waited for the orcas, but they didn't seem to be coming around. Our boat captain was communicating back and fourth with the main station back on land, and they told him to check out another location. When we got to the second location, again, we turned off the engine and waited fo...Read More

Member Rating 5 out of 5 on April 7, 2006

Prince of Whales
812 Wharf Street
Victoria, British Columbia V8W 1T3

Fisherman's Wharf

For some reason, I love to visit the Fisherman's Wharf wherever I go. But this time, I saw something I'd never seen before. OK, eating clam chowder and shrimp cocktails, you can do at pretty much all other Fisherman's Wharfs, but this one, had something really special... Floating Homes!! It was really strange, these people who live on the docks, their homes are floating on top of the water. Instead of bicycles parked on the side of their houses, they had kayaks and canoes. Instead of having a backyard, they had the waters. Instead of having a bird feeder on a tree, they fed the sea lions in the water that would come up straight to their doorstep. The homes are colorful and very cute.

Member Rating 3 out of 5 on April 7, 2006