Varadero Journals

Matanzas City

A January 2006 trip to Varadero by cubafan

Quote: On my other trips to Cuba, I stayed in either Havana or Varadero and I had a very good time. The only problem is that some houses are lousy because they are in big tourist areas. Last time I went to Cuba, I decided to stay in Matanzas.

Matanzas City

On my other trips to Cuba, I stayed in either Havana or Varadero and I had a very good time. The only problem is that some houses are lousy because they are in big tourist areas. Last time I went to Cuba, I decided to stay in Matanzas. Wow! This time I could sleep peacefully and go out and have a good time too. The city is great, it’s very pretty and relaxing. I was 25 minutes from Varadero Beach and 1 hour from Havana, so every time I wanted to go somewhere new, I just drove a little in either direction.Try to check Matanzas city, especially the area "Playa" where there are some nice bed-and- breakfasts. I stayed at this place http://members.lycos.co.uk/villalila/ and it was awesome… the house sits r...Read More

Villa Lila

Hotel

The bed-and-breakfast is a comfortable and spacious room that has everything you need, including air-conditioning, hot and cold water, a large yard that sits directly on the ocean with a nice bay view, parking space, independent entrance, and breakfast service available for a nominal fee. The quietness of the area would allow you to rest peacefully after long busy days of touring. For you convenience, a rent-a-car, two gas stations, several mini grocery-marts, a few other bed-and-breakfasts, a currency exchange office, and several cafes are in walking distance. Varadero airport is only a 15 minute drive.

Member Rating 5 out of 5 on April 2, 2006