Los Angeles Journals

Business Trip to L.A.

An April 2003 trip to Los Angeles by Scorpiosue1102

Quote: My first time in Los Angeles was by myself on business. I actually stayed outside of L.A., in Brea. Luckily, my husband was able to visit me there for a very long weekend. We did a lot of our sightseeing then.

Business Trip to L.A.

California is just so different from Illinois, and then it is sooo the same. The most striking thing was landing at the Orange County airport. We had to circle over the ocean to land. Very cool :-). Another great moment was seeing a mother whale teaching her calf to swim in an inlet in Corona Del Mar.

I really don't have many suggestions because my company did all the rental stuff, but be prepared for really bad traffic, like Chicago's wasn't bad enough.

I used my rental car to get around.

In-N-Out Burger

All I heard from people that heard I was going to LA was, "You have to go to In and Out Burger". When I was there I heard the same thing. Yes, In and Out was a good burger. Very tasty with great skinny french fries, but it was just a burger joint. Yikes, hope I don't get hurt for that ;-). The burger was juicy and the fries done just right, but it was comparable to the burgers I get at Steak 'n Shake or Portillo's in the Chicagoland area. Very good.

Member Rating 3 out of 5 on March 31, 2006