St. Maarten/St. Martin Journals

Bachelorette Party in St. Martin

A May 2005 trip to St. Maarten/St. Martin by BudgetTraveler

Pinel Island Photo, St. Maarten/St. Martin, Caribbean More Photos
Quote: A beautiful island, glittering with great beaches, delicious food, and fabulous nightlife with a European flair.

Pinel Island

Pinel Island Photo, St. Maarten/St. Martin, Caribbean
Pinel is a great little island that can be reached by taking a 2 minute, $5, taxiboat off of Orient Beach. As soon as I stepped off the taxiboat, I felt like I was on my own island. While it is not deserted, and the rental chairs and umbrellas are pushed closely together, Pinel still exudes a feeling of a quaint, rustic island. The water is very shallow, calm, and clear—I was able to see the fish swimming at my toes. This is a very nice, calm beach, to relax and get away.

Member Rating 5 out of 5 on March 14, 2006

Pinel Island

St. Maarten/St. Martin

Bliss

Bliss Photo, St. Maarten/St. Martin, Caribbean
The moment I walked into trendy Bliss, I was transported to a chic, outdoor, South Beach style club. The beautifully lit pool was flanked by white cabanas, which were perfect for lounging, partying, and drinking. If you like beautiful people, hip club music, in a beautiful setting, this is for you. Personally, I liked the more laid back Bamboo Bernie's next door, but it was a total blast for a bunch of girls celebrating a bachelorette party. The cabanas, pool, and overall layout of Bliss, overlooking the bay was so beautiful. I would love to come back here during the daytime to just lounge by the pool.

Member Rating 4 out of 5 on March 15, 2006

Bliss
Bacon Hill Rd. 2
St. Maarten, St. Maarten/St. Martin
+599-545-3996

Lambada and Tango Boat Tours

Attraction | "Lambada to Prickly Pear"

Lambada and Tango Boat Tours Photo, St. Maarten/St. Martin, Caribbean
As a result of a mix-up with another snorkel outfit, our group ended up taking our snorkel trip to Prickly Pear, Anguilla aboard the Lambada for $75. The all-day outing included all you can drink rum punch, soda, beer, snacks, and lunch on Prickly Pear. Snorkeling was good, and the crew did a great job of pointing out all different kinds of fish. For those who finished snorkeling early-(or did not snorkel at all), they were able to relax on the remote, white sandy beach until they were called for lunch. Lunch was under a covered pavilion, overlooking the clear blue waters, and consisted of delicious fish, chicken or ribs, salad, and rice. The trip to Prickly Pear was a perfect combination ...Read More

Member Rating 5 out of 5 on March 15, 2006