Wildwood Journals

Wildwood here we come!

A September 2001 trip to Wildwood by Dreamtime

El Capitan Resort Motel Photo, Wildwood, New Jersey More Photos
Quote: I have been going to Wildwood ever since I can remember as a small child, and even as an adult. It wouldn't be summertime without packing up the car and heading for the shore. Now I can take my family, It's a tradition that I hope brings good memories for my kids. After just having my second baby a few weeks earlier, I needed a vacation! We packed up the mini van and off we went!

Wildwood here we come!

I don't know what I was thinking about when we decided to take this trip with a 3 1/2 week old baby! I'm glad we did!! I think we all needed to get away, especially me having to go back to work in a couple of weeks and my three year old son who getting used to his new little sister was very hard work.

If you're going with small children it's important to bring a beach umbrella and a large blanket to lie on, and plenty of sunscreen!

We had a Mini van but I think we really needed a 18 wheeler to get all the beach toys and baby stuff around! We stayed close to all activities so we walked to mostly everything!
El Capitan Resort Motel Photo, Wildwood, New Jersey
We stay here everytime we go to Wildwood. It''s a very nice Motel. Clean and the owners are very nice! The rooms have two large double beds, a coffee pot and a refrigerator. The coffee pot came in handy to heat the baby bottles up and to sterilize the bottles!

They have an inground pool which is like bath water! They put the solar cover on every night. That''s my kind of temperature! They have a gas grill which anyone can use and tables with umbrellas and chairs by the pool side.

It is located one block from the beach and boardwalk.

El Capitan Resort Motel
23rd & Surf Avenue
Wildwood, New Jersey
(609) 522-1974

Hawaiian Rumble Pancake House & Miniature Golf

Restaurant | "Hawaiian Rumble Pancake House and Mini Golf"

They only serve breakfast, and the food was alright. But you do get a free game of Mini Golf when you have breakfast! We ate there everyday for a week, trying amost everything on the menu. They have alot of breakfast specials, so you have to go with a big appetite! There is also an Arcade where you can play Skee Ball and Video games! My three-year-old loved playing Skee Ball, because the man in charge let him cheat and walk up and place the balls in the holes!!

Member Rating 3 out of 5 on February 19, 2001

Hawaiian Rumble Pancake House & Miniature Golf
25th & Surf Avenue Wildwood
Wildwood 08260

In a diner type setting Uncle Bill's has a great breakfast at average prices. Everything was good even the coffee. Just make sure before you order the Home Fries..check and see if they added pepper...sometimes they add a little much (as per the waitress) They were a little hot for my taste buds.

But the food and the service was very good.

Uncle Bill's Pancake House
4601 Pacific Avenue

Vegas Diner & Restaurant

Restaurant | "Vegas Diner & Restaurant"

Very nice diner away from the hustle and bustle of the boardwalk. They serve Breakfast Lunch and Dinner. They are known for the best omelettes, which they were very tasty.

For lunch and dinner they offer a salad bar filled with fresh Vegetables and Fruit.

We enjoyed it so much that we ate there for breakfast quite a few times.

Vegas Diner & Restaurant
14th & New Jersey Avenue
Wildwood, New Jersey 08260

Neil's Steak & Chowder House

Restaurant | "Neil's Steak & Chowder House"

The only steakhouse we found in Wildwood...a local person recommended it to us ~~ Great choice! They have a bar area and a classier area. The tables are lit with candles and lined with white linens and cloth napkins. The Waiter was very friendly. They even have a children's menu.
They serve Steaks which they are known for and prime mrib, seafood, pasta dishes and cocktails.
The prices were reasonable for a steakhouse and the portions are very large.

Neil's Steak & Chowder House
222 E. Schellenger Avenue

Wildwood Beach Photo, Wildwood, New Jersey
The beach is very large in Wildwood, what we do instead of walking on the soft hot sand is walk down from the boardwalk on a pier, and that takes you closer to the ocean, and there are steps that take you down on the beach. It's much easier when you're lugging a stroller and a wagon filled with beach toys and chairs and a blanket! We went the week after Labor Day so the crowds of people had already left, but the lifeguards were still on duty, and all the activities were still open. It is so peaceful on the beach. Looking out at the ocean we saw about 30 or so Dolphins swimming by, and a few would jump out of the water now and then. It looked as if they were playing, t...Read More

Wildwood

Wildwood Beach

Attraction | "Wildwood Boardwalk"

Wildwood Beach Photo, Wildwood, New Jersey
I love this boardwalk, I've been coming here ever since I was a small child. It's a good feeling to bring your kids to a place where you used to go and ride on the same rides as you did when you were small. Not too many things have changed, besides the newer more safer rides. We were talking to an attendant who was running a roller coaster about the safety of the rides. He said that they get inspected and tested every morning for safety precautions. They have five large piers, each with different rides. Two of the piers which are owned and operated by the same people are Morey's Pier and Mariners Landing. They both have water parks on them and many other rides fr...Read More

Wildwood