Orlando Journals

2005-Our Adventures in Disney

A September 2005 trip to Orlando by HDRyders

Epcot  Photo, Orlando, Florida More Photos
Quote: Our boys are 8 and 10. We decided it was about time for them (and me) to meet Mickey and Minnie! We tried to pick a time when it would not be so crowded... I suppose when a hurricane (Ophelia) is lingering off the coast is a good time.
Best Things Nearby:Disney of course.Best Things About the Resort:The pool area was large enough so that you didn't feel crowded. There was a game room near the pool for the kids. Resort Experience:We were pleased with this resort. Easily accessible to Disney, many restaurants, and gift shops. The pool was a quick walk from where our unit was located, our unit was located near the end... quiet area. I love the whirlpool tub in our room. Our unit also had a washer and dryer... was that ever a convenience. Unit Type: 1 bedroom Activities: Very Good Amenities:...Read More

Member Rating 4 out of 5 on February 18, 2006

A DO NOT miss at Epcot is the ride 'Soaring'. The boys enjoyed the 'Crash Test' and 'Mission Space.' Me, I almost found out how to use those little baggies they provide for you, you know the ones I'm referring to, like the ones they have on airplanes.

Member Rating 5 out of 5 on November 14, 2006

Walt Disney World Resort Epcot Theme Park

Orlando, Florida

Disney's Animal Kingdom

Attraction | "Animal Kingdom"

Do not miss the play 'Lion King' it was fantastic. Another good show, especially for for kids is 'A Bug's Life'. My favorite ride was the Dinosaur.

Member Rating 4 out of 5 on November 14, 2006

Disney's Animal Kingdom
Walt Disney World Resort
Orlando, Florida 32830

Walt Disney World Resort Magic Kingdom

Attraction | "Magic Kingdom"

Walt Disney World Resort Magic Kingdom Photo, Orlando, Florida
I found Magic Kingdom to be more for smaller kids. In Future Land we did Space Mountain early to avoid the lines. The water ride (the name I can't recall) was a blast, but be prepared to get a little WET!

Member Rating 3 out of 5 on November 14, 2006

Walt Disney World Resort Magic Kingdom
Interstate 4 At U.S. Highway 192
Orlando, Florida

Epcot  Photo, Orlando, Florida
This was my first time to Disney, we purchased a 3-day pass, naturally my kids wanted to experience all the major attractions in each of the parks we visited. We experienced Magic Kingdom, Epcot and Animal Kingdom. A friend of mine lent me the book "The Unofficial Guide to Disney," if you want to see everything on one day, follow the guide in the back of the book... we got to see all the major attractions without long waits in line... our longest wait was approximately 20 minutes. Granted we did zigzag a lot.