Orlando Journals

Disney World

A May 2005 trip to Orlando by jgarant5

Quote: Walt Disney World is a great family destination and an equally good time of year to visit too!

Disney World

Well, with two kids under the age of 7, we decided to travel to Disney. Needless to say, any trip to Disney is a great time, and this trip was no exception. Although I probably could have done without the sunburn I got, all was great.

I suggest to go into the parks early and bring your own water and snacks, because they can be pretty pricey in the parks themselves. Try the FastPass option as well for some of the rides, as it can come in handy later in the day, when you're tired and don't feel like waiting in a long line.

Most of the resort areas in and around Walt Disney World offer free bus shuttles to most of the attractions.
If you're looking for a family-friendly atmosphere with a great buffet breakfast, and frequent buses to all major attractions, this is a great place to stay. It is located very close to Downtown Disney, major shopping outlets, and the I-4.

Member Rating 4 out of 5 on February 17, 2006

Comfort Suites Orlando
9350 Turkey Lake Rd.
Orlando, Florida 32819

This was the best food I have ever had, pricey but incredible. Words cannot describe it. They have a great sushi bar, too! Steaks are great there, and their heirloom tomato salad is to die for. Yum!

Member Rating 5 out of 5 on February 17, 2006

Wolfgang Puck Cafe: Downtown Disney
1482 E Buena Vista Dr

Walt Disney World

What can I say but that it was GREAT! My kids loved it and so did my husband and I. You can also take advantage of a local babysitting service so you can have some time alone with your spouse.

Member Rating 5 out of 5 on February 17, 2006

Walt Disney World
Interstate 4 At U.S. Highway 192
(407) 934 7639

Art Gallery

Located in the Polynesian Resort on Walt Disney grounds is a fine art gallery with local and islands artists. There is some incredible artwork, but it is fairly pricey.

Member Rating 3 out of 5 on February 17, 2006

Art Gallery
Walt Disney World Polynesian Resort
Orlando, Florida 32830

We thought we might be bored when we decided to go here, but we were wrong. It was cheap to get in and there was a lot for the kids to do. We saw two IMAX movies, which were incredible. They have experiment areas for the kids, along with playground areas and an indoor zoo of sorts. Watch out for the baby alligators!!!