Saratoga Springs Journals

Saratoga Springs, NY

A December 2005 trip to Saratoga Springs by avfuse

Quote: A road trip up to Saratoga Springs proved to be beautiful on 83 instead of 95.

Esperanzas

Esperanzas opens later in the afternoon, and stays open late for those out drinking late at night. They are mostly known for a special food called a "Dough Boy". This is one of the most delicious quick foods you could ask for. When I am really hungry, or have been out late at night, I can eat several of these. Even though they are not the healthiest food in the world, no one seems to be able to resist them. They are made of a thick dough and filled with cheese and a special sauce that makes them what they are. This is another place I must go to, to get at least one "Dough Boy".

Member Rating 5 out of 5 on February 23, 2006

Esperanzas
Caroline Street
Saratoga Springs, New York

Gaffney's

If you ever travel to Saratoga in the summer, this bar/restaurant is one of the best places to go. Their buffalo wings are some of the most delicious that you can find in the city. Growing-up there, we used to order them at least three-times a month. When I was old enough, the bar was an even better place to be for the fact that live music was played on the weekends, and there was always a crowd and people to talk to. This is one place I must visit every time I go back "home."

Member Rating 5 out of 5 on February 23, 2006