Miami Journals

Mandarin

A December 2005 trip to Miami by drazzelb

Mandarin Oriental Miami Photo, Miami, Florida More Photos
Quote: For my 20-something birthday, I decided to indulge myself. I revisited one of the best hotels in Miami--the Mandarin Oriental.

Mandarin Oriental Miami

Hotel | "Mandarin Oriental"

Mandarin Oriental Miami Photo, Miami, Florida

As I stated in my intro, I indulged myself for my birthday. I opted to book a Dynasty Suite for the evening. The suite offers incredible panoramic views of the city. The room's neutral, warm colors blend well with the modern furnishings and certainly keeps the Asian feel alive in the guestroom.

I could live in nice bathrooms, and this one would be right up there: spacious stall shower and bath with an incredible vanity area.

Member Rating 4 out of 5 on January 30, 2006

Mandarin Oriental Miami
500 BRICKELL KEY DRIVE
Miami, Florida 33131
1-305-9138288

Cafe Sambal Restaurant

Restaurant | "Cafe Sambal"

Cafe Sambal is the three-course-meal restaurant at the Mandarin. I have had dinner there on prior occasions (for dinner it serves Asian fare and sushi), but not breakfast. I was curious to see how they would perform. The staff was as consistent as the staff at the front desk and spa. The service was great! My breakfast consisted of fluffy scrambled eggs, bacon, breakfast potatoes, and toast.
It was a delicious experience with an incredible view of the bay and Miami skyline.

Member Rating 4 out of 5 on January 30, 2006

Cafe Sambal Restaurant
500 Brickell Key Dr
Miami, Florida 33131

I decided to take in a massage, manicure, and pedicure at the spa. From the moment you step into the spa, you feel that you are not in Miami anymore. The spa offers a quiet, serene environment that just takes away the outdoors. The hot-stone massage is wonderful! I was apprehensive at first about getting it (I wasn't sure how hot the stones would be), but I was disappointed when it ended. It relaxed all the muscles in your body. I highly recommend it! The manicure and pedicure were done in the Spa "Salon" area. The staff was incredibly attentive to your needs. I walked out of the Spa feeling like a million bucks and without a care in the world!