Caye Caulker Journals

Caye Caulker - A Wonderful Place!!!

A January 2006 trip to Caye Caulker by bridgettesb

Caye Caulker Beaches & Attractions Photo, Caye Caulker, Belize More Photos
Quote: I recently visited the island of Caye Caulker, and all I have to say is "WOW"!

Caye Caulker Beaches & Attractions

Attraction | "Belize"

Caye Caulker Beaches & Attractions Photo, Caye Caulker, Belize
So, Caye Caulker is one of the, if not the, most perfect places I have ever had the opportunity to visit and will someday make my home.

Okay, so there are the beaches. Although the entire island is sand, there is no area that has a huge beach. The beaches are smaller but still wonderful! The ocean is clear and blue and the snorkeling is amazing.

You will not be disappointed, unless you are looking for a populated island with endless nightclubs and Starbucks. There are no chains to be found, which, as far as I am concerned, simply adds to the beauty of Belize.

Member Rating 5 out of 5 on January 16, 2006

Caye Caulker Beaches & Attractions
Throughout Caye Caulker
Caye Caulker, Belize

Belize

Story/Tip

The snorkeling here is amazing. When I learn how to dive, I will most certainly dive in this wonderful place!

Head down to the split and start snorkeling. You can rent snorkel gear at tsunami adventures, on the main road. The cost is B$10, US$5--what a steal! The rental is for the whole day.

The split is the best place for snorkeling. We saw large starfish, tons of fish, barracudas, and gorgeous reefs. They have other places where you can snorkel with stingrays and sharks. I did not get to do this, but I will be back many a time to this island.

Member Rating 5 out of 5 on January 16, 2006

This island is just perfect from the second you arrive via water taxi from Belize City (which costs US$17.50, B$35, round-trip and takes about 40 minutes). The island is small and colorful. The people at first may seem a bit forward, but they are wonderful, sweet, kind, and very friendly. The island is lush and the water is gorgeous. There are plenty of restaurants, so enjoy them all. Belikin is very yummy.The people on the island really appreciate the visitors and the money. They get very few tourists, which is honestly one of the benefits. The island is pure, as it has not been taken over by large companies at all.This island is impeccable. Grab a hammock, relax, and enj...Read More