Chicago Journals

Chicago is Awesome

A September 2005 trip to Chicago by goofball38

Brookfield Zoo Photo, Chicago, Illinois More Photos
Quote: Pictures and events that we have been to in and around Chicago. There is always something going on and always some kind of experiance to see.

Brookfield Zoo

Brookfield Zoo Photo, Chicago, Illinois
My husband and I have season passes (which if you have a family is the way to go) and we go constantly. It is the best investment we have made this year. We bought the family passes so we can bring in guests and we have had alot of fun. There is always something going on at the zoo, last year they had lions, tigers, bears, and bugs, which is where, if you came on certain weekends and had your book stamped saying you were there, then at the end of that promotion, you would get a special present. They have the holiday magic, where they decorate the zoo in holiday lights and you can go at night, and on Thanksgiving, they had an opportunity to feed the animals inside the children's zoo. It was a...Read More

Brookfield Zoo
8400 West 31st Street
Brookfield, Illinois 60513

Lincoln Park Zoo

Lincoln Park Zoo Photo, Chicago, Illinois
We went on a rainy but warm day and we loved this zoo. I hadn't been here since I was around 5 years old. I love the size of the park. Its just big enough where you aren't completely wiped out after you are done looking at animals. Also, just outside one of the gates near the back of the zoo is a Botanical Garden and a huge park. I just love how such a beautiful sight can be right in the middle of all the traffic and huge buildings. It is an amazing site to see. I do love how all the animals have huge exhibits and the variety of animals they had. I had never seen some of those animals in any zoo I've been to before. It is definitly a great place to visit. The food is pretty good too!!

Lincoln Park Zoo
2001 North Clark Street
Chicago, Illinois 60614
(312) 742-2000

Art Institute of Chicago

Attraction | "Art Institute of Chicago (The)"

This museum is so culturally diverse in that it has everything from Asian, Indian, Middle Ages, Impressionism, Egyptian exhibits, and so on. There is literally something for everyone. I love the Arms and Armor room, where they display swords throughout the ages and from different countries. Also, there are many other battle type items such as shields and axes. This museum is a must see in Chicago. It has works from famous artists such as Monet, Manet, Van Gogh, Piccaso, Wood, Matisse, Okeef, etc. Just a great place to see.

Art Institute of Chicago
111 South Michigan Ave.
Chicago, Illinois 60603

Field Museum

Attraction | "Field Museum (The)"

Field Museum Photo, Chicago, Illinois
The Field Museum is one of those places that you have to go to at least once in your life. A wide selection of aritfacts from the early indians up to egypt, and then back to the dinosaurs. I love their dinosaur exhibits. You can spend hours learning about what kind of creatures exhisted before man roamed the earth. I also enjoy the egyptian artifacts. You get to see some of the best items along with actual mummies!! Just a great place to take the kids to enjoy and relax.

Member Rating 4 out of 5 on December 5, 2005

Field Museum
1400 South Lake Shore Drive
Chicago, Illinois 60605

Six Flags Great America

Attraction | "Great America/Six Flags"

Great rides, great shows. Its what everyone does in the summer so I'd suggest going early in the year so it isn't so hot and the lines aren't as long. Wish they would build some newer coasters because some of the older ones just hurt when you ride and they break down alot. Over all a great place to go. Also, I haven't been to the water park yet, but if you buy admission to one, you get a ticket to the other. Worth a visit.

Member Rating 3 out of 5 on December 5, 2005