Gatlinburg Journals

Smoky Mountain Cabin

A November 2005 trip to Gatlinburg by susan alsup

Quote: For a quiet weekend getaway, my husband and I chose a cabin on Ski Mountain in Gatlinburg this fall. The weather was spectular, the crowds small, and the hot tub addictive!

Smoky Mountain Cabin

Renting a cabin in the mountains is the only way to go for us. Not only is it econical,but an adventure back to nature that a hotel can not provide. The solitude, peacefulness, and rejuvenating feeling one gets is wonderful. Morning walks, afternoon visits to the shops, and evenings in the hot tub are all I need!Quick Tips: Avoid October at all costs! Check out the other busy times as well. For example, many conventions are held there, and traffic can be horrendous at busy times. There are no alternate routes, so you can be stuck in traffic for hours!! Also, be aware of the sudden weather changes that can occur during the late fall, winter, and early spring. Keeping an eye on the forecast is ...Read More
Many of the cabins are older and rather rustic but this is fine for cabins. Perhaps the more rustic, the more it seems that you are camping. Many have hot tubs, which are a must for the cold months. I must have a mountain view, so ask about this when reserving one. The company we used was very accommodating to our needs. Upon entering, we noticed a few items were in need of attention, such as burned-out bulbs, etc. The maintenance crew was quick to respond. We also felt very safe in this area.

Member Rating 5 out of 5 on November 29, 2005

Smoky Mountain Rentals

Gatlinburg, Tennessee

Thomas Kinkaid Gallery

Attraction | "Thomas Kincaid Art Gallery"

This small gallery has lots of beautiful paintings and prints for sale. I lucked out and bought a small print for half-price due to moisture damage. We were told how to repair it by the store manager. Now we have a lovely gift for a relative for the holidays.

Member Rating 5 out of 5 on December 6, 2005