Myrtle Beach Journals

Spring Break 2005

A March 2005 trip to Myrtle Beach by timmcgrawfan17f

Crab House Seafood Restaurant Photo, Myrtle Beach, South Carolina More Photos
Quote: I took a spring break trip with friends to Myrtle Beach, SC.

Wyndham Seawatch Plantation

Hotel | "Fairfield Myrtle Beach at SeaWatch Plantation"

Wyndham Seawatch Plantation Photo, Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
This was a very beautiful resort with many things to offer. This resort has two lazy rivers, five outdoor pools, two indoor pools, two indoor whirlpools, nine outdoor whirlpools, an exercise room, game room, tiki pool bar, restaurant, and gift shop. The rooms have a full kitchen with dishwashers and a washer/dryer in each room. We stayed in the two-bedroom deluxe, which had one king-size bed in one room and two twin beds in the other room and a queen sofa. It had two full bathrooms and a balcony that you could see the ocean from. It was absolutely breathtaking. I highly recommend this resort. The only downside was that it was pretty far away from anything in Myrtle Beach. We had t...Read More

Wyndham Seawatch Plantation
151 Seawatch Drive
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina 29572

Crab House Seafood Restaurant Photo, Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
During the middle of our trip two of us went to the Crab House, while the others took a trip to Charleston. The Crab House, by far, had the best crab legs I have ever eaten. They were very fresh and very easy to remove the crab meat from the legs. It was awesome food and an awesome experience. We didn't have to wait very long either.

Crab House Seafood Restaurant
1313 Celebrity Cir
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina 29577

Cheeseburger in Paradise is a cute little restaurant you would take your kids to. The day we went they had a band playing, and you could also eat anything from a cheeseburger to a nice seafood dish. The dishes vary greatly, but it's an affordable little place that is very cute and fun. The people were really nice, outgoing, and very friendly.

Cheeseburger in Paradise
7211 North Kings Highway
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina 29572

Jimmy Buffett's Margaritaville Photo, Myrtle Beach, South Carolina

Margaritaville was a must-stop for us. This was definitely a great place to visit. They had a band playing and people dancing. Great family place too. I didn't think it was going to be so family oriented, but it was! They had guys walking around on stilts, dressed up all funny, and making animals out of balloons for the kids. It was great!

The food and margaritas were awesome! They have this great big blender in the middle of the room and every so often a bottle comes down from the ceiling and "appears" to fill the blender with margarita mix. Then it spins and spins. It was really neat and the kids were amazed!

Jimmy Buffett's Margaritaville
1114 Celebrity Circle

Dixie Stampede Dinner Show Photo, Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
I definitely recommend to get reservations to this one, because not only is it dining, but a show! I would say that this is a must-see! Not only is it a great show of competition and romance, but there's great food! Be prepared to get a little messy, because you don't have silverware! It is a several-course meal, including soup, bread, chicken, and dessert. It is definitely worth the money! I went to the one in Missouri, and I love them both. There are beautiful horses and animals, too.

Dixie Stampede Dinner Show
8901 North Kings Highway
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina

Johnny Rocket's food reminds me of a Sonic. It's fast, but a nice place to go. The waitresses/waiters even sing and dance every half hour. Very good ice cream too! It's a restaurant set in like the '50s or '60s, and you have a jukebox on your table that actually will play tunes for you! Very nice place!

Member Rating 3 out of 5 on November 9, 2005

Johnny Rockets Hampton Inn Broadway at the Beach
1140 Celebrity Cir.

NASCAR Café

We didn't actually eat here, but I love NASCAR, so I had to make a point to at least stop by. They have a gift shop, and the cafe is decorated in various NASCAR items, such as jackets, car pictures, car parts, and surfboards. Some of it is autographed. It is similar to a museum, or if you have been to a Hard Rock Cafe, it reminded me a bit of that.

NASCAR Café
1808 21st Ave North Extension
+1 843 946 7223

Hard Rock Cafe/Broadway at the Beach

Restaurant | "Hard Rock Café"

Hard Rock Cafe/Broadway at the Beach Photo, Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
We didn't eat at Hard Rock Cafe but did go inside to check it out. This Hard Rock Cafe was shaped as a pyramid. Way cool! Even if you don't eat there, it's cool to go and see. Check out the pictures to see more! It didn't appear to be too busy when we went to check it out, but it was getting close to closing time. Hard Rock Cafe is located next to a mall-like area with lots of bars. It is also close to a bunch of clubs. So go eat some food and then go dance it off!

Hard Rock Cafe/Broadway at the Beach
1322 Celebrity Circle

Planet Hollywood

Planet Hollywood Photo, Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
We didn't get the chance to eat here, but we did go and look at it. They were closing real soon, so we didn't go inside either. But here are some outside shots. Also, I would recommend just going and checking the place out. It's really something to look at.

Planet Hollywood
2915 Hollywood Drive
+1 843 448 7827

House of Blues

Attraction | "House of Blues (The)"

Went to House of Blues the second night we were in town. We didn't eat there because we had just eaten at Margaritaville (good too!). So we went clubbing, and this was the first place we went. Great club time! By far the best club we went to the whole week we were in Myrtle Beach.

We got there around 10 or so, and it was free pour from then until 1, which meant that we got free drinks with a ticket admission until 1am. So, we didn't have tickets so we went up to the guy that was taking tickets and asked him where we could get tickets and he gave us free ones! So we got in free and got to drink for free. They make their drinks strong too, so be careful all you lightweights!

House of Blues
4640 South Highway 17
North Myrtle Beach, South Carolina 29582

Barefoot Landing

Barefoot Landing (www.bflanding.com) is like a big outdoor mall. It has a lake in the middle of it and the shops go around the lake with a couple bridges in the middle. It has about 100 shops and several restaurants. It kept us busy all day!

If you like to shop, this is a must. Some of the stores are: Anything Joe's, All About My Beer, Barefoot Candles, Peace Frogs, and Scrappin' Barefoot. Food: Crab House, Johnny Rockets, Joe's Crab Shack, and many more. We went to Johnny Rockets for lunch and Crab House for supper. Definitely recommend either of them.

Barefoot Landing
4898 South Highway 17
North Myrtle Beach, South Carolina 29582
+1 843 272 8349

Ripley's Aquarium

Went to Ripley's Aquarium and paid $16.95 to go to something that was so not worthwhile. When you go in, it's one big room and you can pet stingrays and turtles. Then they have a moving sidewalk that moves in a circle around the large room and it is entirely glass all around you. Above you and to the left and right. They have sharks, jellyfish, other fish, etc., in the tank. Which I suppose is neat, but I won't pay it again.

I suppose if you have kids, this would be a neat place to go. They would probably like it a little better than two adults would.

Member Rating 2 out of 5 on November 9, 2005

Ripley's Aquarium
1110 Celebrity Circle

Club Kryptonite

Club Kryptonite is definitely a happenin' place. I wasn't as big a fan as I thought I would be, but it was cool. It was really packed the night we went, so I don't think I enjoyed it as much as I could have. Website: http://www.club-kryptonite.com/index2.html.

I would say if you do go, go a little bit earlier if you actually want to get in some dancing, because shortly after we got there, it started to get way too packed. Packed so full that you couldn't even move to dance. Also, invest in a Myrtle Beach VIP Card! It gets you into all the clubs for either free or discounted!

Member Rating 3 out of 5 on November 9, 2005

Club Kryptonite

Barefoot Princess Cruise Photo, Myrtle Beach, South Carolina

This is just a short cruise that takes about 2 hours and cruises up and down the Intracoastal Waterway. It's a very cute boat and very relaxing. You can see some spectacular houses along the way. It cost about $10 through our resort.

The boat company is located at Barefoot Landing, which is a big shopping area. They also have dinner cruises for a little more money.

We rode on the Jungle Prince, which is three levels high. The second level is all enclosed in case you get cold and has a snack bar. The third level is the "lounging in the sun" level. The first level is also enclosed, and you can find the restrooms on this level.

Barefoot Princess Cruise