Kissimmee Journals

October Disney Trip

An October 2005 trip to Kissimmee by capodagli

Quote: I needed the vacation, and Disney puts you in a whole different world. My family was very relaxed and stress-free coming home.

Summer Bay Resort

Hotel | "Summer Bay Resort #3175"

Best Things Nearby:Walt Disney is less than 15 minutes away. Best Things About the Resort:I was meeting other family at the resort. We had a one- and two-bedroom. Call the resort a week in advance to ask for a room close by. When we got there, they gave us a lock-off unit. It was very nice for my party of 12.Resort Experience:Check-in was easy. Going into the resort, I could see a supermarket, Denny's, and other shopping on grounds. The check-in desk is in the clubhouse, where these is a pool, lake, health club, and activities center. By the center was also the playground and tennis courts. We had a three-bedroom lock-off. It was great for a large party. W...Read More

Member Rating 5 out of 5 on November 6, 2005

Summer Bay Resort
17805 U.S. Highway 192
Kissimmee, Florida 34711
352/242-1100

EPCOT International Food & Wine Festival

Attraction | "Food and Wine Festival"

For the month of October, at Epcot Center, is the Food and Wine Festival. This were you can go around the lands to taste the different wines (or drink) and food from that land. You can also have class or tasting at the Center. Just call the Center to get prices, times and dates. This is a good time if this were an adult trip.

Member Rating 4 out of 5 on January 27, 2006

EPCOT International Food & Wine Festival
Epcot Center
Orlando, Florida

Disney's Animal Kingdom

Attraction | "Walt Disney World"

If you are the kind of person that doesn't like lots of people or long lines, then this is the time for you to go. Pretty much the only people there, are from the UK. If you are going for the first time, then I would call Disney and request a tape of the park, so you can get a feel for the parks. Also you can get a guide of Disney book, at the bookstore. This will help you know how to go through the parks, and gives you helpful hints.

Member Rating 5 out of 5 on January 27, 2006