Las Vegas Journals

Week Getaway

An October 2005 trip to Las Vegas by bettielittle

Quote: Our greatest vacation yet! This is the first time I stayed at a timeshare while in Las Vegas. The accommodations were outstanding at the Fairfield Grand Desert Resort. I had a three-bedroom overlooking the Vegas Strip. At night it was fabulous. Sorry! No pictures of the view.

Las Vegas Strip

Attraction | "Around Vegas & Beyond"

The Fairfield Grand Desert Resort's interior and exterior is grand. The staff is very friendly and accommodating. If you have time to go to their presentation, they give you free money to gamble with and one free show of your choice, and they have transportation to and from the resort. Of course gambling was on our minds, so we visited the Hilton, Stardusk, downtown Vegas, and a couple of other hotels. The cab drivers complained that business is slow and that they are not getting the work that they used to get. I guess everyone is feeling the pinch of the economy. But I won while I was there! The resort's accommodations had every amenity at your fingertips, except gambling. But, guess what? They ar...Read More

Member Rating 5 out of 5 on October 21, 2005

Las Vegas Boulevard
Las Vegas, Nevada

Las Vegas Strip

Attraction | "Casino Gambling"

I am slot machine-aholic. I love the slots. They are not as loose as they used to be, but they still outweigh the Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, and Wisconsin casinos when it comes to winning. I would rather be in Las Vegas than any other spot for gambling.

Member Rating 5 out of 5 on October 21, 2005