Telluride Journals

Telluride Ski Trip

A January 1999 trip to Telluride by amjohnson

Quote: I spent two nights in Telluride and skiied one day there. This was really as long as I wanted to stay. I was not pleased with the town or ski mountain.

Telluride Ski Trip

I visited Telluride one winter for a day of skiing. We also spent 2 nights in the town. Honestly, I was not pleased at all with Telluride. The town is in a valley that has two roads that you can get in or leave through, and the day we were planning on leaving the roads were closed due to avalanches. I always had the trapped feeling while in the town because it was in such a small, narrow valley surrounded by mountains. The condo we stayed at was nothing special at all. I can’t remember the name but would not want to return there. It was clean, but that is about all I can say for it. Telluride does have some very nice houses for rent, though at really high prices. During one day in...Read More

Telluride

During one day in Telluride we skied the Telluride ski area. I was not pleased. I skied the area with my parents, and we usually like to ski the intermediate level slopes. No mater what slope we skied we always ended up on an area you have to cross by poling. It was more work than fun. The ski area is 22% beginner, 38% intermediate, and 50% expert. They have several lifts and trails and are open daily from 9am until 4pm.

Member Rating 1 out of 5 on October 19, 2005